Chapter 1

HEY GUYS!!! LAST BOOK!!!! I WASNT SURE IF I WAS GOING TO GET THERE BUT WE DID IT. THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMIT!!!!!! 😘

Chapter 1
Nicholas
I sat outside my tent, watching the smaller wolves fight out some disagreement. It could have been simple. Maybe one stole some food or a form of a game. Our alpha encouraged it. He calmed it was to make the younger ones strong but I knew he found joy in crushing young souls. Just like our father.
I swallowed, trying to bury the shame that I felt when I thought of my brother and father. Both alphas of our fallen pack which they were both in denial of. Both thought we could be saved by taking the Patterson throne reclaim a title that could have been ours once. I honestly was loosing hope in it all.
Twice, my father had attacked the Royal Family and both times we had lost and were banished to a land that we couldn't live on. My brother, in his glory had retaliated by kidnapping Malcolm Patterson's mate and beat her and left her to die in a wolfsbane inferno. Of course it failed and she survived. And now, he had a new plan. He -
"And say down!"
I jumped at the ten year-old's shout as the others backed away from a small boy too terrified to move. The five older lads, spat at him before walking away like the lad on the ground meant nothing. I fought every urge to go over there and help him, knowing that the other wolves would see it as a weakness. And a weakness meant death in these parts.
I couldn't pretend that survival wasn't everything around here. I also couldn't pretend that I had never turned away when I saw something unjust or when I disagreed with my brother's decisions. But without my pack, I had nothing. And without me, my brother was nothing.
I signed, shaking my thoughts away as I looked up at the sky. It was only an hour ago that the clouds were deep red, a sign of war. That's when my brother decided to attack.
I swallowed, shaking the thought away.
Spotting Irving walking by, I asked, "hey, have you seen my brother?"
"Which one?" He asked, with a little huff, trying to be funny.
Thinking about it, I quickly decided that I didn't want to know where Hector was.
"Jeremy," I answered.
"He's over by food tent," he said pointing over to where my younger brother sat with a group of his friends, before he frowned, "why aren't you over by the chains."
I frowned, "should I be?"
"Hasn't anyone told you?" He asked, still not giving me a straight answer.
"Told me what?" I asked growing frustrated.
"The Patterson Lass, they've got her."
"What?" I asked jumping to my feet, "why didn't anyone tell me?"
He shrugged, "I thought they had. Anyway, she's over there now."
Just as I thought about going over there, I stopped myself and shook my head.
There was no hurry to be involved in my Brother's plans. No hurry at all.