Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Allie
I had been hit by a train. That's how bad my neck ached.
God, what the hell happened? Did I get drunk last night? I don't remember alcohol or a party for that matter.
It wasn't just my neck that ached. Something inside of me didn't feel right. It was like something had been taken away but I couldn't figure out what it was.
Small male whimpers came from behind me making me open my eyes. All I found was wood. Wood? What the hell?
Sitting back a little, I realized it was Nick's bed and I was on the floor. How did I get here? Moving to my elbows, I noticed something else. The carpet was stained red and so was my sleeve and shoulder. Blood. Why was there blood?
The whimpers grew behind me, making me turn my neck in an unnatural way. I frowned when I spied Nick, curled into a corner and crying.
"Nick?" I croaked, not understanding what had happened.
Did I do somethin'? I don't remember.
"Nick," I croaked again, making it to my knees, "Hey, hey what happened?"
"I-I'm – s-sorry," he cried, lifting his head from his hands.
"For what?" I asked, crawling over to him, "What? What happened?"
He shook his head, a new batch of tears flowing. It hurt me to see him like this and have no idea what caused it.
Cupping his cheek, I forced his eyes to look up into mine.
"Hey, tell me," I said, begging him to talk to me.
"I had to...he forced me to...m-mark you," he cried.
The ache. The ache inside of was because there wasn't a part of me inside of me anymore.
"I tried," he croaked, "But it...I...I got lost in between."
I couldn't move. I was too stunned. I was a part of the Macangus pack.
"I'm sorry, Allie," he sniffed, "He was goin' to mark you if I didn't and I couldn't let that happen."
Hector was going to mark me. I bit my lip and blinked away the tears. This wasn't how it was supposed to happen. It was supposed to happen in my bed at Faol Coillie where I had a choice. Where my mate didn't cry afterwards but instead we fell deeper in love than ever. And we would wake up the next morning, go down to the library and spend the entire day with my brothers and sisters.
All I ever wanted was a choice. I choice in who I mated, when I was marked and where. But I never got a say or choice in any of it.
I didn't choose to be stolen or chain up to trees. I didn't choose finding my mate the next day. I didn't choose him being apart of the most hated werewolf family. I didn't choose falling in love with him and I didn't choose him marking me.
Looking at him, I didn't want to loose what we had. I had spent all this time trying not to become apart of the Macangus Pack that I wasn't going to give up right now. Nick had said that he had gotten lost in between which meant it didn't work. There was still one option.
Maybe, I do have a choice after all.
"Let me mark you," I blurted out before I could stop myself.
He frowned, "What?"
"Let me mark you. Become apart of my pack," I told him.
He shook his head, "No, you're just sayin' that to make me feel better. You don't really want it."
"I do, I do," I said, forcing my way onto his lap.
Trying to convince him, I took his lips in mine, forcing him to take me.
"I love you, Nick," I declared, "I. Love. You. And I want to take you home, I want you to meet my family. I want to spend my life with you."
"Really?" he asked, not believing me.
"Aye, I do. That's all I've ever wanted. You asked me last night about my dreams. My dream was to find my mate and have a family with him," I swallowed, growing nervous, "And that's you."
He swallowed too, his eyes turning red and mine burning gold.
"I love you," he professed, making my heart race.
"I love you too," I giggled, trying to calm myself down but it wasn't working.
I had found my mate and I was going to mark him tonight.
Cupping his neck, our lips met again. Long thrusts against his tongue, I could taste his salty tears. Breaking apart, I pulled off the half torn jumper, keeping eye connect with his. It was then that I noticed the dried blood that trailed down from my neck and over my right breast. I chose to ignore it, not wanting anything but Nick on my mind.
"You're so beautiful," he muttered, his ruff fingers caressing my cheeks.
I couldn't help but blush as I started to unbutton his shirt. My hands started to shake and became too slippery for the buttons.
"Um, this isn't workin'," I said, giggling nervously.
He chuckled along with me, cupping my nape and mashing our lips together once again.
I giggled in his mouth, making him gasp as we found ourselves in a steady rhythm. Nick worked on his own shirt as I decided to take the easier option and undo his jeans. Well, I thought it was easier. I got the button undone easy enough but the zipper was hard as he had double in size.
"Nick, if your zipper doesn't go down in a minute, I'm goin' to break it," I warned him, feeling him grow in seconds.
He chuckled making us swop jobs. I peeled off his shirt as he worked on his zipper.
"See, you've just got to..." he groaned, "Got it."
Giggling, I kissed him once again. His hands clawed at my back causing sparks to fly. I groaned making his grip around me tightening. Our breath grew heavy, not being able to get it under control. Running his hands down my back, he came to the waistband of my sweatpants. A shock shot through my body making me groan and take a breath. I stopped kissing him for a second and only breathed in the air he made as his pulled the pants down to my knees. Nick's hands cupped my thighs squeezing them tight. Growls erupted from both our chests, both of us turning more animal by the second. Lifting my knees off the floor, he was able to slide them completely off me before throwing them to some part of the tent.
Nick kneeled in front of me, allowing me to do the same. Taking the waist pants of his jeans, I slid them down his thighs. I swallowed, not being able to take my eyes off his member, not even when his jeans were completely off.
"Hey," he said, crooking my chin up so that my eyes met his, "my eyes are up here."
I fell into giggles, wrapping my arms around his neck just to feel his skin against me.
"You still have time to back out," he reminded me.
I shook my head, pecking his collarbone.
"No," I told him, pulling back to look into his bright red eyes, "This feels right."
A small smile spread on his lips but only managed to stay there for a few moments before disappearing. His fingers found their way into my hairline, pushing back loose strands to fulling take in my facial features.
"I've never loved anythin' as much as I love you," he professed.
"Neither have I," I admitted, titling my head up to purposely knock his nose.
I soon got tired of waiting for him to make a moved, so I wrapped my arms around his neck again and kissed his lips.
The tension between us suddenly grew. There was no time for jokes or giggles or doubts. It was time to be serious.
His arm came under my behind and lifted me onto his hip. From there, he stood with me safely secure in his arms as we kissed our way to the bed. He lowered me down to the mattress, raising my hands high above my head.
He knew his stuff, I couldn't deny it. His lips sucked on my neck, making me see stars. They slowly made their was down to my left breast kissing the plump before nibbling on the nub. I groaned, rolling my body against his and spreading my legs.
His lips soon left my breast making their way down my sail trail. I was too high in the clouds to register what was happening till it was almost happening. He lifted my legs onto his shoulder before giving my folds a long, slow lick. His hot breath down there was enough to send me to the edge. Moans escaped my lips with little control to my meddle brain that was switching through my two minds. He started to thrush, hitting the spot with his tongue making me want to arch my back to give him more excess.
My wolf was going crazy, knowing that our time was growing close.
"Nick," I half groaned and half sighed.
I wanted nothing more to spread my legs wider for him and come inside of his mouth but we needed to do this right.
Hearing my voice he returned to my lips. I took them willingly, loving their new salty taste.
Taking control, I rolled us so that I was now on top.
Letting my wolf instincts take over, I kissed his neck making the skin soft and tender. His hands crawled at my hair and my arse cheek, wanting and needing more.
Shitting up, I got into position on top of him. Nick sat up on his elbows, watching my every move. He hissed as I took him at the base and naturally guided him to my entrance. I sighed, closing my eyes, hanging my head and relaxing. Slowly, we were able to work together, me sliding down his length and him, starting to slowly grind against me.
Once I could take his whole length, we fell into a rhythm. I was practically bouncing on top of him and he was pumping inside of me. We were lighting a fire between my legs until waves of pleasure started to hit.
Allowing my wolf instincts to take over once again, I leaned over and dug my teeth into his neck.
"Macangus Pack!"
My father roared as two wolves led me out of the house by my arms. I refused to be scared. I refused to give him the satisfaction. He could embarrass me, shun me, but I wouldn't let him see my fear.
The pack was already waiting, with my father in front of them. I saw the faces of my brothers at the head of the pack, Hector with his arms crossed looking just as disappointed as Father did and Jeremy too confused.
I ignored the murmurs from the pack as I was pulled to the front. I was chained to the wooden post, my arms hanging above my head.
"Macangus Pack!" Father called again, "let this be a reminder to you. The rules that are set, are made to be follow. Treason is one of them. And I personally will punish anyone who tries to kill me, do you understand?"
There was a murmur.
"No matter who it is."
I swallowed, knowing he was referring to me.
I looked up and accidentally caught his gaze. He wasn't the Nathair I knew. Aye, he was still broad shouldered, tall and more beast than human. However, he did not wear the scar that shaped the side of his face and jawline.
"Whip," he ordered.
A beed of sweat rolled down my cheek, nerves creeping through me.
Crack!
I flinched when I felt the first one tear through my skin. I didn't feel any pain at first. But then, suddenly, it felt like a fire had been put against my skin and allowed precious blood to drop from my back.
I groaned, when the second one came, making me shudder and crumble to the ground. I struggled to stand but then -
Crack!
The whip made its third mark to my skin and my feet crumbled once again. My hands shook, struggling to contain my anger as I felt the shame of my father's betrayal. I knew I had brought it on myself. And I'll forever have a reminder of that.
Crack!
I jumped, finally feeling the effects of the whips. I was loosing more blood each time and giving up the will to fight.
Crack!
Done. Finish.
I allowed myself to hang by the chains feeling as if somehow I had won. I didn't show fear and I hadn't die in the process.
Just as those thoughts entered my mind, they escaped when my father's hand took a grip of my hair and pulled my head back. I couldn't begin to focus on the pain of the unnatural angle, too busy struggling to breathe.
"Your a disgrace," he growled in my ear, "never have I seen a wolf so unworthy of his title."
"Really?" I croaked, trying to swallow, "Because I can think of one."
My father's grip on my head tightened.
"Watch your tongue, Boy. Or I'll cut it off," he warned, "next time you don't do as your told, I'll have your head."
The memory changed.
There was a small celebration happening to welcome Hector's new mate. Even Father had returned from hiding to witness it. Everyone gathered behind the large three story house of Faol Fonn, dancing, laughing and talking around a large bonfire. There was real Scottish music with bagpipes and flutes, playing real folk songs that I had loved so much.
Coming around the side of the house, I halted when I spied Hector and Father talking between them. I made myself hidden, fearing what would happen if I got caught listening.
"Your mate is very beautiful," Nathair stated, looking out to the crowd.
My own eyes landed on her. She was beautiful. Her jet-black hair was in a neatly trimmed bob and her eyes shined brighter than the stars in the night. Though her features where that of beauty, the real winner was a smile that spread across her cheeks as she laughed.
"Thank you, Father. I'm glad your pleased," Hector said, getting my attention.
"But you have not mark her," he guessed, already knowing the answer.
"No," Hector sighed, "she doesn't want to, at least not yet."
"Well, she doesn't get a choice in this. She is your mate and you are the Alpha to this pack. You rule them," he gestured to the crowed, "and her. If she doesn't do as you wish, then she is betrayin' her Alpha."
I shook my head, not believing what I was hearing. What was worse, Hector was lapping up every word as if it was a message from God. Nathair was not a God and Hector was no prophet.
"If your sure," Hector said, clearly not sure of himself.
Nathair smiled, cupping his shoulder, "of course. I've had three mates remember?"
All which are dead, I had to bite my lip to stop from saying.
"No, no," Hector finally said, seeing the light, "I couldn't. Not without her permission."
"Hector," Nathair said sternly, "if you don't mark her soon. I've just found my new mate."
In a blink of an eye, I was now in a hall in a different point in time.
Something didn't feel right. Small whimpers echoed from Hector's room, making me feel worried. God, what had happened now?
Once I got to Hector's door, I checked to make sure he wasn't around. No, there was only one person inside.
Opening the door, I braced myself to what I would see. Nothing had changed and I was beginning to wonder if the whimpers were just my imagination.
But then I spotted her, curled into a ball, shaking.
"Bonnie?" I called, making her whimpers stop for a moment, "everythin' okay?"
Her head shook, giving me enough courage to move around the bed to her. Kneeling in front of her, I recognised the Bonnie that I knew. No smile, eyes filled with tears and no light. She was shaking. Maybe she was scared or loosing control. Her hands clawed at her hair as if there was a battle within herself.
"Bonnie, where's Hector? What happened?" I finally asked.
"H-Hector -," she swallowed, "Hector did this."
I frowned, "did what? What did he do?"
Her eyes flicked down making my frown deepen. I didn't see or notice anything.
"He..." She swallowed again, "h-he r-raped me."
"What?" I said, not being able to believe it for a second.
I mean, it was clear that she wasn't lying. But I didn't think it was possible for a wolf to hurt their mate like he did.
But then it hit me. Nathair hurt his mate.
"You have to get me out if here," she begged, "he said that he would do it again until he marked me. I can't be marked by a person like him."
My instinct was to gab her and take her as far away from here as possible. But my father's voice rang in my head, next time you don't do as your told, I'll have your head. Helping Bonnie to escape would be breaking one of our laws. It would mean that I valued her more than my Alpha. And I couldn't risk my place in the pack again.
I shook my head, "no, Bonnie I can't. I have to do what I'm told."
"Then point me in the closest direction out of here," she suggested.
I shook my head, not able to do that either.
"What if you just talk to Hector?" I asked her, trying to pursued her to stay, "whatever happened, that's not him. He's been listenin' to our father for too long."
"Maybe that's the problem. He's too far gone. You'll understand when you find your mate."
I scoffed, never believing that to happen.
"Help me, Nick," she begged, taking my arm, "if you don't help me, I'll...I'll kill myself."
Before I knew it, the memory changed once again. I was in a room with what looked to be a ten year old Hector. We were surrounded my trucks, toy soldiers and plastic animals. Both of us had made our castles - Hector's admittedly was better than mine, but I had tried to copy it as best as I could.
"See, Nicky," Hector said, moving his toys so that they surround my castle, "if I surround my enemy, I can wait him out. He'll have no option but to fight me."
"What if he doesn't come out?" I asked, interested.
"Well, I'll starve him out. Him and his whole pack. He can rather fight and die as a hero or hide away like a coward."
Opening my eyes, I returned to my own head. Nick's panting filled my ears as I struggling to find the strength to roll off him. That ache that was there before disappeared knowing I had just filled it with apart of Nicholas.
The taste of blood filled my mouth, giving me the courage to sit up and try to wipe it away. Blood covered half of Nick's neck, making me wonder just how hard I had bitten him. When our eyes met, they shined in our wolf colours, knowing that we had achieved something that not many wolves could. Mark our mates.
"You okay?" he groaned, shifting to get comfortable beneath me.
I nodded, "I'm tired."
"Me too," he admitted, "just close your eyes and go to sleep."
I rested my head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.
"And then tomorrow?" I asked.
He sighed, "we'll figured that out in the mornin'."
I nodded, closing my eyes for what I thought was only going to be a second before the blackness took over