Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Nicholas
I stormed out of the house, my body feeling on fire. My wolf had raised up inside of me, wanting to kill anything in sight. I knew it was only a hug, I knew it meant nothing. But it didn't change anything about what I had said. It was true. She could be with the vampire and her family would still want him more than me.
"Well, well, well. The Big Bad Wolf, finally on his own," I turned around at the sound of a lad's voice as he and four others came around the side of the house.
I groaned, not being able to catch a break.
"Please," I begged, "it's been a really long day. I really don't need this right now."
"Wow, you Macangus sure do want everythin', don't you," the ring leader, snarled, "you know, you have to fight for our women around here. You just don't get given them."
"Then go fight for her then," I growled, "she wouldn't take you no matter what she felt about me."
"That's not the point, now is it Macangus," he told me, "You know, I lost my brother in one of your attacks. Angus lost his Ma. And Eudard lost both his parents."
"I told know what to say. What do you want from me?" I asked giving in, "do you want to fight? Is that what you want?"
He shrugged, "sure, I wouldn't mind puttin' you Macanguses in your place."
I took off my shirt as he did the same. The other wolves backed off giving us space.
"Are we doin' it with fists or wolves?" I asked, knowing if I shifted, I wouldn't be sure if I could remain myself.
"Fists," he answered, "otherwise I might be up for murder charges."
I rolled my eyes. Cocky bastard. Shaking out my arms, I held my fists in front of my face, readying myself. The wolf did the same, cracking his neck. I waited for him to make the first move. He took a step forward and swung. I was able to jump out of the way and jab him in the stomach before backing away a little.
"Trick shot, Macangus," he groaned, but it wasn't. It was a smart shot.
He recovered quickly, throwing a punch to my shoulder before taking a hit to my jaw. I shook the shock away, kicking him in the gut twice and pushing him to the ground. He stumbled but quickly recovered.
"Why are you doin' this?" I asked him, "What do you have to prove?"
He answered my question with two cheek-numbing punches. For a moment the world went black and my mouth tasted of blood and sweat. Shaking away the knock, I regained consciousness, protecting my head from more punches. I felt a force push me to the ground, winding me for a second.
"Because I'm not lettin' a Macangus bein' a higher rank than me," he spat as I struggled to my feet.
Back again with the Macangus. Was I always going to be judge by a name that I didn't choose? My body became fire as my anger grew inside of me. Now, I was out for blood.
Catching him off guard, I threw punches to his head which he defended before I went for his gut.
He was about to collapse when we were broken apart.
"Hey, hey, hey!" Archie shouted pushing the wolf back before I felt hands lock me still.
I was about to fight them when I realized that one was Malcolm and the other was Tarna.
"What the hell do you think your doin'?" Archie shouted at the wolves, being the beta he was.
"Showin' him how we do thin's around here," the wolf spat, struggling to speak through his swollen lip.
"If you think that this is how we do thin's around here than you haven't been payin' attention, Beathen," Archie growled.
Beathen. The wolf Callum didn't trust.
"I swear, you're on your last legs," Archie warned.
"I was protectin' this pack, somethin' that you lot should be doin'!" He shouted, pointing at the three of them, "you're welcomin' in the enemy."
"We're givin' him the benefit of the doubt," Tarna argued.
"And by the looks of thin's you weren't protectin' us very well," Malcolm stated, "you should get that looked at."
Beathen glared at Malcolm, not liking his smartarse attitude. Finally, he gave up and went the way he came with the others following.
"I'm goin' to kill him," I mumbled, struggling to stand.
"Not if Allie finds him first," Archie said turning around to us, "you look horrible."
"I'm fine," I mumbled, my nose filling with blood, "I heal fast."
"We better get you inside," Tarna stated as they turned me towards the door.
"Stop, I can do it myself," I told them.
"Nicholas, you can barely stand," Malcolm reminded me.
"Let us help you," Tarna asked.
I shook my head. I didn't deserve their help.
"No, I'm fine. I've been through worse."
"Nicholas -."
"I'm fine!" I snapped, pulling out of their grip and storming back through the house.