Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Allie
God, I had never felt so nervous. My hands were shaking and my palms were sweaty. My heart was going to burst and I seriously was going to pee. There I said it. God, I felt like a virgin about to do it for the first time. Something I never thought I would say.
Nick was confused. I could see it on his face, smell it in the air. He had no idea what was going on. I don't think I did.
All I knew was that Nick loved me. Not only that, he actually knew me. He could read me like a book, see into my soul and know exactly what to say. So when he asked if I would accept him for just being him, I knew my answer. Because I knew that if there was anyone out there that would accept me for me, it was him.
When we came to the large boulders that kept our little hide away secret, my heart leaped into my throat. God, what the hell was I doin'? We weren't goin' to have sex, were we? I wouldn't let it get that far...I would try to at least.
I halted when Nick did, not sure why.
"I'll wait out here," he told me, breaking my heart, "While you undressed."
And just like that, my hopes were smashed. I didn't know what I had planned but whatever it was, it was ruined without him.
Nodding, I walked through the passage way that opened up to the hot pool. Getting past my disappointment, I stripped and lowered myself into the steaming liquid.
I allowed myself to relax, feeling all the tiny air bubbles glue themselves to my skin. They melted my already sensitive body making the ache inside of me grow.
God, I wanted him. But I couldn't have him.
Groaning, I submerged myself in the water and swam till I was sure that I was almost at the end of the pool. My skin felt all slimy when I resurface, my hair covering my face. I whipped it back and cleared my nose. Water dripped from my chin which I struggled to wipe away.
My whole body froze when I heard him get into the water. My wolf senses picked up on every ripple he made making me very aware that I was naked. Goosebumps appeared on my skin as I felt him nearer to me. That wasn't all. There was an ache between my legs and my nipples were hardening.
When I felt the familiar slippery texture of his chest against my back, I relaxed. There was no reason to feel tense or nervous. With him against me, I had never felt so complete or so whole.
"What took you so long?" I moaned, closing my eyes and allowing him to wrap his arm around me and pull me half out of the water so that his mouth was on my ear.
"I'm sorry," he murmured, "I was too busy waitin' for a white wolf."
Still in his grip, I turned biting my lip at the sight of his red eyes looking down on me.
Cupping his nape, I asked, "if we do this, we have to do this right. We can't mess it up."
"I promise," he said, his grip around me tightening, "we'll give it our best shot."
Biting my lip, I got up the courage to admit, "Nick, I'm not very good at relationships. Actually I've never had a long term relationship before."
"Neither have I," he admitted to, laughing a little.
"And then there's our family -."
"Shh," he hushed me, placing his finger to my lip like I had done before, "just us remember. You and me."
I giggled, allowing my mind to settle. Reaching up to take his lips, I remembered something else that caused me to pull back.
"And I don't want to be marked," I cried out before I could stop myself.
He sighed, looking at me dumbly and annoyed that I had stopped him.
"I mean it, Nick," I told him, "it has nothin' to do with our packs or -."
I stopped when Nick's eyebrows rose, not believing me.
"Okay, maybe a little. But I'm not ready to be...nailed down."
"Nailed down?" He chuckled, offended, "God, hit me where it hurts."
"I'm sorry, but I can't. Not just yet."
He nodded, understanding and looking as if he knew I would say it.
"All I want is you, Al," he declared, caressing my cheek, "I don't care when, I don't care how. Just, you."
I couldn't believe it. A smile was spreading across my lips and my heart started to beat again. It pumped warm blood around my body allowing sparks to fly. My lungs filled with air as I watched Nick's hand run up my slippery arm before cupping my nape and leading my lips to his.
It was happening before I even realized it. I was seeing stars and they were burning brighter than ever. Gasps escaped my mouth, trying to get enough air to continue. The way our lips worked to a steady, silent, rhythm was like we had been training for this very moment.
His hands cupped the backs of my thighs, hoisting me to his hip.
"God, Nick," I groaned, feeling more alive than ever.
The wind blew, reminded me that it was nearly winter and it wouldn't be long till the rain set in. But with my mate's hands on my thighs, my body pressed against his and the steam touching my skin, I couldn't think of anything else.
I felt him move so I held on tight, never letting go. He sat me down on the cold, wet, moss-covered rock. Our lips broke for only a second so that we could look into each other's eyes. Mine burned gold as his glowed red. His body that leaned over me was getting me more wet then I already was making my smile grow. His own face wore a cheeky grin, knowing that he was seeing and holding his mate naked.
"Like what you see?" I whispered, stealing a line from one of Archie's old porn movies.
"Love it," he growled against my neck before kissing it hard.
I sighed, closing my eyes and just focusing on his wondering hand.
With the one holding him above water, the other cupped my breast giving it a well-deserved squeeze.
"Nick," I groaned louder, digging my claws into his shoulder to keep myself from rocking against him.
We needed to cool down otherwise I wouldn't be able to stop myself.
"Nick, the water," I moaned, barely being able to get a word out, "we need to slow down."
He nodded, releasing my neck before sliding back into the water. I followed him, not breaking eye contact with him as his eyes were glued to somewhere south.
"Hey," I said, swimming over to him and getting tangled up in his arms, "my eyes are up here."
His cheeky grin return before they pecked my lips and his hand caressed my cheek.
"I love you," he murmured against my lips.
I swallowed, not able to deny it anymore.
"I love -."
"Huh-hum."
We froze. My blood ran cold. It was like a bucket of cold water had been thrown on top of me. All I wanted to do was hide and pray to God that whoever had caught us hadn't seen or heard anything. But I knew my prayer couldn't be answered.
Breaking apart, Nick half turn, shielding most of my body with his own. Looking through the gap between Nick's chest and arm, I spied Nick's little brother leaning against the boulder, looking as if he had just won the lottery.
"Jeremy, what are you doin' here?" Nick asked, not sounding very happy.
"I was out lookin' for the lass I was with earlier, you know the one."
Yeah, the one you were suckin' face with on my mate's bed! I wanted to growl.
"And then I heard somethin' very interestin' that I'm sure brother dearest would love to hear," he threatened, sharing the same look Hector had.
"No, Jeremy wait!"
He didn't. Instead he pushed off the boulder and headed back through the passage way, probably on his way to Hector.
"Shit," Nick swore, scrambling out of the pool and stumbling for his clothes.
"He wouldn't tell him, would he?" I asked, recognising my own denial.
"He's angry about what happened this earlier," Nick told me, jumping to get his legs through his jeans, "so yeah. He bloody well would."

Nicholas
"Jeremy!" I called after him as the sky started to grumble.
His pace grew fast, but I was more determined and faster. I had more at stake than he ever would.
"Jeremy!" I called again, gaining more on him with every second.
Soon, I was able to snatch his arm and stopped him. Without any control, I through him against a tree and held him there clutching his collar in my hand.
"I have no feelin's for her, that's what you've been tellin' everyone," he shouted, more furious than I might have guessed, "Maybe she should have been givin' me tips. Mind sharin'?"
I yanked him forward before pushing him harder against the tree.
"Watch your tongue," I growled only inches from his face.
He chuckled, only fuelling my anger. My eyes glowed red, my wolf raising, wanting me to rip him to shreds for talking about my mate like a toy.
"You bastard," I snarled.
"What?" he started, raising his eyebrows, "You annoyed that I came in when I did. Sorry, I should have waited five minutes for you to actually get inside of your little hoe."
Without any control, I through him to the ground. My body was shaking with anger. Twice he had disrespected my mate.
"You will forget what you saw, do you understand!" I ordered him, looming over him to show my authority.
His eyes narrowed, crawling away from me, "You can't make me. If I tell Hector what I saw, I'll become one of the most respected wolves in the pack."
"You would do that to me?" I asked him, "You would do that to Allie. Hector would tear us both apart and you wouldn't care because you would have power. You're more lost than I thought."
"Lost? Me? You're the one that was about to screw Allie Patterson! Her brother is the reason we're here in this stupid please."
"No, our brother is!" I shouted, watching his eyes widen in shock, "If you want to survive this world Jeremy you better get a hold of the facts and that is simple. Hector is no saint, our father ruined people's lives and that lass in there," I said, pointing in the direction of the hot pools, "has done nothin' to any of us. Do you understand?"
He gave a slight nod, his mouth sealed shut.
"If you tell Hector about Allie, I swear to you, you will not need to fear Hector," I warned him, not recognising my own voice.
He frowned, looking me up and down surprised by my sudden transformation. My heart race grew waiting for his response. This is what life has gotten me too. Threatening my younger brother.
"Give me your word, that you won't tell Hector," I asked of him, licking my lips.
He nodded, looking almost scared, "You have my word, I won't tell Hector."
I sighed in relief, dropping my head in my hands.
"What happened to you?" he asked, accusingly, "You were nothin' like this."
"I stopped listenin' to what everyone else was and sorted out the real facts for myself," I snapped at him, "It's time you did the same."
Leaving him with that, I headed back to the rock pool where I found Allie, dressed and picking up my shirt.
Our eyes met and everything that needed to be said was spoken through that look. Aye, we had just had the most perfect moment in our lives but it was time to get back to reality.
"You threatened him?" she asked, clearly knowing the answer as she handed me my shirt.
"You listened?" I asked, pulling my shirt over my head.
"Aye, I needed to make sure that you weren't goin' to rip the lad's head off."
I frowned, "you were happy to see his head ripped off earlier."
"Well, he was suckin' face with some poor lass earlier," she informed me.
"Oh right, woman's rights and all," I teased her.
She clicked her tongue, "You got it."
I chuckled before we fell into an uncomfortable silence. Both of us wanted to say so much more than what we were. It was awkward between us, I couldn't pretend. This morning we were Allie Patterson and Nick Macangus. Now we were Allie and Nick.
"Come on," I finally said, taking Allie's arm, "Let's get back before the rain hits."