Chapter 28

Chapter 28
Allie
"Shh, Bee," Malcolm hushed, picking up the month old child, "Pappa's here now."
I watched, speechless as Malcolm held his little girl. I couldn't get it through my head. Malcolm was a father.
Looking around the room, I couldn't believe what they had done with it. The walls were painted rosy pink with white lacy curtains over the window. Against the far wall was a light pink lounge with pale pillows on it and a tall lamp next to it. There were a few toys, such as a toy house and teddies on a shelf too. A white chandelier gave a small glow to the original dark room. And finally there was a white cot with a white bed net at the top and was also complete with a baby mobile.
Once Bee had settle, Malcolm asked, "Do you want a hold?"
My eyes widened, feeling like a child on Christmas.
"Can I?" I asked, not noticing my soft voice.
He nodded, holding her out to me. Acting as if I knew what to do, I hugged her to my body, one hand supporting her little head and the other was holding her little butt.
"Hey, Bee" I cooed, feeling tears in my eyes as I looked at her, "Hey, do you know who I am. I'm your Aunty Allie."
Bee gurgled, swinging her baby arms around. Already, I could see similarities. Lucky for her, she had her mother's good looks. But she did have the trade mark black hair and pale blue eyes.
Looking at Malcolm, I said, "I'm so glad you and Tarna had unprotected sex."
All four of my brothers' snickered under their breath, remembering my big mouth.
"Me too," Malcolm chuckle, gently pattering Bee's long hair, "I'm only sorry that Tarna had to do it on her own."
"What?" I asked, shifting Bee to a better position.
"She had her on the way to the safe house. They hit a bump or somethin' and her water broke. We didn't get there till it was all over," Malcolm sighed, looking ashamed.
"Don't feel bad, Malcolm," Graham told him.
"Aye, you didn't know that she was goin' to come early," Archie added.
"And she wasn't alone. She had Liv and Amy," Callum reminded him.
Malcolm nodded but he still didn't look convinced.
Bee's little spit bubble caught my attention making me laugh at her. I started to pull faces to making her giggle and start making noses and a baby voice.
"Oh, I can't wait till your eighteen. I'm goin' to teach you how to drink, teach you about the lads."
"I don't think so," Malcolm huffed, "no lads until she's fifty."
"How can that be? She's not comin' out of her room till she's sixty," Archie joked.
"Don't listen to them Bee," I told her, "us Patterson lasses have to stick together."
At that moment, the door opened and Tarna came through.
"Hi," she said softly, closing the door slowly to make as less noise as possible.
Making her way through the bodies, she found me and wrapped her arms around me.
"Hey, Allie, oh my God I missed you so much," she declared making me giggle.
"I missed you too Tarna," I told her, making her laugh.
"I heard her cryin'," She said, looking at Malcolm, "is she okay?"
"Aye, just havin' a little grumble," Malcolm told her.
"She is a Patterson after all," Archie added.
"Aye, she's a bigger attention hog than all of us combined," Graham complained.
"Well," Callum started, "When you look as cute as her, hey."
I giggled, knowing it was true. Bias aside, she was definitely the cutest baby I had ever seen.
"Oh, Callum. Liv's lookin' for you," Tarna told her.
He sighed, hanging his head, "time to face the music."
"I'll come too," Archie told him, pattering his shoulder.
"Aye, me too," Graham said.
At the sound of his voice, I narrowed my eyes at him.
"What, Allie?" he snapped, "I'll give you my word that I won't touch him.
"Touch who?" Tarna asked.
We froze.
"Time to go," Callum said as the three of them left, living Malcolm, Tarna, me and of course Bee.
Sighing, Malcolm told her, "Nicholas Macangus. He's Allie's mate."
"What?" Tarna yelled, making Bee whimper.
A little quieter, she repeated, "What? Your mate is, what, related to Hector."
"Half-brother actually," I corrected, rocking Bee to keep her quiet.
Tarna opened her mouth to talk before she shut her mouth, freezing. Her eyes flicked up to Malcolm's making us both frown.
"What, Tarna? What is it?" Malcolm asked.
And then I remembered. Tarna and Nick had met.
"I've, met, him," she said, quietly.
My frown deepen, looking between Tarna's frozen body and Malcolm's confused face.
"Wait, you didn't tell him," I asked.
"You know," she asked.
"Of course, I know," I scoffed.
"Can someone please tell me what's goin' on?" Malcolm finally asked.
I turned to Tarna, not wanting to tell him myself.
"Well, remember when we first met and I was caught trespassin' on Hector's land," she started.
"Aye, he cut you up like paper, how could I forget," he stated.
"Right, well, anyway. The two wolves that brought me to him was Davy and...Hector's brother."
Malcolm crossed his arms, looking a cross between confused and angry.
"He was just doin' as he was told," I quickly said, upsetting Bee a little, but I didn't want to lose my maybe only ally, "in the library, you didn't vote no."
He frowned, "What does that have to do with anythin'?"
"Well, why didn't you?" I asked him.
He shrugged, "Because I know what it's like to be label as somethin' that you have completely no control over. Because I've done a lot of unforgivable thin's in the past and I have no right to say no to a lad that I haven't met. He doesn't deserve that and neither do you."
I smiled, feeling my heart warm. At least I could trust one brother.
"In time, they'll see that too," he reassured me.
"I'm really happy for you," Tarna said half hugging me.
I giggled, "I'm happy for you too. And thanks for lookin' after my niece long enough for me to meet her."
"Hey, thanks for survivin' long enough to meet her."
I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. Thank God for Tarna.