Chapter Nine

Edited.  

Chapter Nine

*Hannah POV*    

I wake up to my head pounding and my throat very dry. Opening my eyes I see the ugliest person I've ever seen. Luke Hemmings. He wasn't ugly I mean he was very hot but when I think of him all I think about is him telling me that he wanted me dead. "Why am I here? If we slept together then I'm going to need a bucket to throw up in."

"We didn't sleep together Hannah I wouldn't take advantage of you while you are drunk. But your boyfriend did go with some girl."

"You didn't say that to me when we were both seventeen. I'm use to him leaving me to go with some other girl."

"Wait you are use to your boyfriend cheating on you?"

"Yes? It's not like we-"I realize that I am just running my mouth so I shut up.

"It's not like what?"

"When you love someone a lot you are willing to put up with their bullshit." I say lying straight to his face.

"So you love him?"

"More than you loved me you bastard." I hiss. Luke looks down at his hands and the mumbles something unclear."You wanna say that louder Luke?" he chuckles and then looks up at me with eyes full of tears.

"I still love you. Always will I love you. I am so sorry Hannah! Sorry that you do not love me the way I want you to love me! Sorry that you feel a different love. The love you have has been taken away from me and now all the love you can find is the love in lust. But one day Hannah Jane Styles you will love me the way I have loved you since I was seventeen. And I know what I did to you is the most unforgivable thing but I still love you and last when you told me that you hated me I knew that I had fucked up so badly. Hearing you say that you hated me made me feel like shit. I'm sorry Hannah. I'm so sorry." By the end of his speech I had tears running down my face.

"You're wrong Luke! Why did you cheat on me when I loved you so much? Do you even know how long it took for me to get over you and the fact I felt so worthless? I'm still getting over the words you said. When you tell someone to kill themselves those words stick to them. I gave you my love and heart and you threw it away! Because of you it is hard to love! It is hard to trust someone and every time someone tells me to fix something about myself I take it to a whole other level because of what you said to me. I try to be perfect and I can't be. " I yell at him with all the words I've waited two years to yell. Tears were running down Luke's face and they were also running down my face. I look away from him and look at the white covers. Luke holds my face in his hands so that I am looking into his blue eyes. Sobs escape my lips as he pulls me into his chest. Resting my head on his chest I cry until there is no tears left.       

 Luke pulls me away from his chest and whips away my tears on my face. He strokes my cheek with his knuckles. His face was so close to mine that our noses touch. I gasp at feeling I was having, chills ran up my spine as he touches my arm. Then his lips connect with mine. The kiss was gentle but full of passion and love. Pulling away again I start to cry.

"We cannot do this Luke."

"Why? Why won't you let me show you my love for you?"

"I can't trust nor will I ever trust you." I push him away from me get up and leave. I run barefooted to my house in tears. As I am running it started to pour. I was feeling the love for him that I promised never to feel. I felt so worthless when I was with him and I hated that feeling. I hated the fact that I would some times hate myself because of him.