Chapter Twenty Seven

Inside the conference room...

Harry: We will release a statement in the next few days, saying that Perrie and Zayn are no longer together.

All five of them were sitting speechless and motionless in their seats.

Harry: Did you hear what I just said?

Slowly they began nodding, one after the other, with Zayn being the last one to process what Harry just said.

Harry: Don't thank me, thank your friend.

Lo: Chloe?

The guy nodded and exited the room, leaving five bewildered boys back.

~

I saw him coming out of the conference room 5 minutes later, thinking my venting didn't really work.

Harry: You can go back in now.

I looked from Eleanor to Bridget, then back to this Harry guy. He smirked and walked past us.

El: What was that?

Eleanor stormed inside the conference room and Bridget and I followed.

El: What just happened?

Lo: Why don't you ask Chloe?

C: Me? I didn't do anything!

I started to panic. My venting not only did not work, it probably pissed the Modest guy off so much he took it out on the boys.

Lo: We're off the hook.

C: What?

Lo: He came in and announced he'll release a statement saying Zayn and Perrie broke up.

C: WHAT?!

Z: What did you say to him?

C: Uh, nothing. I just told him my point of view. That's all.

H: Sorry Chloe, but I doubt that convinced him.

C: I may have also told him that if I were you I'd have sued their asses a long time ago.

Lo: NO, YOU DIDN'T!

C: I did. I used the exact same words.

Z: You're badass.

C: Thanks.

Z: I really thought they'd try to sweep it under the rug.

H: They wouldn't go that far. There was no way they could've fixed that. They had to give up on their plans. Chloe helped too by scaring them off with the whole suing talk.

C: I'm surprised though you didn't come up with it.

Z: With what?

C: Threatening to sue them? Looked like they're hella scared of getting sued by you guys.

Lo: They're not worth the hassle. Let's get outta here. We have to celebrate.

~

We went back to Louis' place, since Zayn got a text saying Perrie was at his place collecting her stuff.

Louis, Zayn, Eleanor and I shared a ride back. Suddenly I looked up and chuckled.

El: Why are you smirking.

I looked up at her then to Louis and Zayn.

C: Your management is really clever. They're going to say you and Perrie broke up because she saw the photos of me and you kissing. They're already labeling me as the bad guy. They gave up on their whole plan but made sure that fans still believe it was all legit and that I ruined it.