Chapter Twenty Three

The next morning I woke up next to Zayn. I needed a minute to remember where I was. Oh right, we slept in one of the guest bedrooms. The one I stayed in before management tore Zayn and me apart. I yawned and stretched. Next to me Zayn was sound asleep. I decided to let him sleep since it was still early in the morning and got up to take a quick shower. Then I got dressed and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. My phone rang while I was whisking eggs for an omelet and I quickly rinsed my hands so I could pick it up. The number on the display was unknown to me.

Chloe Davis, hello.

Hey Chloe, it's Adam.

Hey, you got a new number?

Yeah, sorry. I should've texted you. Ummm, listen. I booked your flight and hotel for next week. I'm gonna email you the details later. I just called to give you a heads-up.

Sure, thanks. See you in a week.

See ya, bye.

Oh, crap!

Z: Who are you seeing in a week?

C: Zayn! You scared me.

Z: Sorry. Who was that on the phone?

C: My booker's assistant. He got me flight tickets for New York. For Fashion Week.

Z: Oh...

I can't believe I forgot about Fashion Week!

Z: When is you flight?

I went to my laptop and checked my inbox.

C: Monday in a week.

Z: And how long will you be gone?

C: Two weeks. I have two shows in London in mid-September though but after that I leave for Milan and Paris right away.

Z: Great. So we won't see each other much before I have to leave for Australia.

C: I'll try to be here whenever I can.

Z: When's your last show?

C: October 2nd, but I'm on hold until the 7th. After that I don't know what my schedule will look like.

Z: So, you might be free to come to Australia?

C: I might.

Zayn sighed. I felt bad for him.

C: Look at me. I can't promise you I'll have the time to join you in Australia. I don't know my schedule for October. Anything is possible.

Z: I understand.

C: It's gonna be hard. We better get used to this.

September 2nd, 5.30am - A hotel near London Heathrow Airport...

I stayed the night in a hotel. I didn't want to wake Zayn up. Besides that I suck at goodbyes. So we spent the night before at his house and then he drove me to the hotel around 2am.

I didn't sleep much but I didn't worry. I'd have enough time to sleep on the plane. I checked my flight info one more time and then took my phone out. I kept staring at the picture Zayn and I took last night. It would serve as a reminder for when I felt lonely.

I smiled and typed one last text to Zayn before I headed out to the airport.

To Zayn:

I miss you already :(

I didn't wait for a text back. Instead I put the phone back in my pocket and exited the hotel room.