Chapter Fourteen

At the concert...

Me and Eleanor were standing on the right side of the stage. All my worries from a few hours ago were gone and I just simply enjoyed the concert. I watched the boys closely, watched their every move and giggled every time the fans responded with frentic screaming. I have to admit I was a little bit intoxicated so after a while I'd chime in every time the fans screamed their heads off because the boys did something funny or goofy.

El: You must be having a really good time tonight!

C: How'd you know?

She smiled and pulled me closer. We looked at the stage and saw that the boys now stood on our side of the stage. Louis blew kisses in Eleanor's direction and my heart ached. They looked so in love. I looked over to Zayn and that was when I saw that look on him. A mix of confusion, hesitation and yearning. But also the look of indifference. 

Is he avoiding me? Is he uncomfortable with me being here?

It was as if he looked right through me. A feeling of regret washed over me. I knew it would end this way, with him regretting what happened between us. But I wasn't mad at him, I was mad at myself. I should've known better, I should've stopped him when I had the chance to.

Eleanor noticed that my mood went from rooftop to basement in under 2 minutes. She leaned over to me and whispered in my ear.

El: What's the matter? Are you okay?

C: Yes, sure.

I nodded and looked the other way, and that's when I saw two very familiar faces approaching us.

C: I'll be damned!

El: What- 

She looked around to see two tall, skinny girls walking up to us.

El: Hey, aren't those your two model friends we met at Starbucks yesterday?

C: In the flesh. I wonder what they're doing here...

El: I bet Harry invited them.

Elle: Oh hey, Chloe! We didn't expect to see you here!

Likewise Elle, likewise!

El: She's with me.

I looked at Eleanor who had her mean girl face on. It made me giggle so I focused on Liz, my ex bff. Her face was a giant question mark.

El: I'm Louis' girlfriend. And this area here is only reserved for family and friends.

The two girls looked at each other before they left and went back to their previous spot which was on the left side of the stage.

Yeah, girl! Give 'em hell!

El: So rude. I'm sorry Chloe, I know they were your friends, but they pissed me off.

C: It's ok. Don't worry. They are rude.

Harry came to our side of the stage and shot us a confused look to which we just shrugged. I guess he didn't invite them then. 

Just before the show ended both Eleanor and I were lead backstage by security. There were a couple people waiting to meet the boys and several people went in and out of their dressing room. 

My mood went downhill again as soon as I saw the boys walking up to us. Eleanor went up to Louis and gave him a big hug while I stood there dumbfounded.

Li: If I didn't know it better I'd think we suck.

C: Why's that?

Li: Everytime I see you after a show you look really miserable.