Chapter Seventeen

It's been a week since I came back from my short trip to London. A week since I saw the boys for the last time. My phone wouldn't stop ringing, and I had a bunch of unread texts. The boys made it really hard for me to avoid them. The only distraction were Elle and Liz who stayed with me in the model house. I called Rebecca a couple times and asked her if she wanted to hang out, but her new job took up a lot of her time. I also called Kelly, my booker in London, to see if she had any news for me. Since Josey was pissed at me, Kelly was the only person who kept me updated.

I pushed back the covers and checked the time. It was past noon, and Elle and Liz were having a lazy day today. I decided to get up and join them. I wasn't gonna be bff's with them, but they were literally the only people I could hang out with.

Elle: Look who's up!

C: I was up 4 hours ago, I just didn't want to get out of bed.

Liz: I take it you haven't got anything planned for today?

C: Nope.

Elle: Perfect! We're going to get a mani/pedi in the city. You're coming with us, aren't you?

C: I don't know. I don't wanna be the third wheel.

Liz: Don't be silly. You coming with us. We're leaving in an hour.

I sighed but went back to my room and took some clothes out the closet. Then I disappeared in the bathroom to take a shower and make myself presentable. The truth is I looked like shit. I was crying every night, all night long. Thus, my eyes were constantly red and puffy. I decided I would need a lot of make up and began with the transformation.

45 minutes later I was ready to go. Elle and Liz were already waiting in the car. I went back to get my phone and noticed I had 3 new calls. They all were from Eleanor. I contemplated, I could call her and talk to her but I knew whatever I said, she would immediately tell Louis. I reluctantly put the phone and wallet in my bag and exited the house.

Meanwhile in a hotel room in Toronto...

El: Nope. She's not answering.

Lo: Bollox! I thought she would pick it up, if she saw it was you.

Cal: When I delivered her suitcases a week ago, I told her friend to tell Chloe to call me. Apparently she won't talk to any of us.

H: Fucking management! I wonder what they told her that got her so scared that she won't talk to us. I get it if she doesn't want to talk to us five, but why not talk to El? You two became good friends, she even told you about the management's plan?

El: I know. It makes no sense. She's either really scared of management or she thinks by avoiding us she's doing us all a favor.

N: It's neither of those. She's hurt. She just needs time. I went and talked to her the day we left London, when I slept over at Zayn's. She was disappointed in herself, because she should have known better. That's exactly what she said.

H: You're talking about the photo of her with me in the magazines? That was nothing. The press makes up stuff to sell copies. She knows how this works.

N: I know. I don't know, I'm just trying to understand what happened.

El: I'm going to call her again.

H: Don't call her, text her! Maybe she'll read your text and answer. I know she hasn't read ours.

Meanwhile inside the Spa at the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan...

Liz: You're welcome, Chloe.

I was lying on the massage bed, face down, moaning and groaning. Coming here was the best thing I could've done. I had no idea how much I needed a good massage. I felt my body and mind relaxing. Afterwards Elle, Liz and I had a drink at the bar and it was almost nice. I say almost because these two were still not trustworthy. They just wouldn't stop asking questions about Harry and the boys. Like they wanted to know every detail so they could sell the story to the papers the next day. That's why I desperately needed to talk to Rebecca. She wouldn't ask any uncomfortable questions, she would just listen. What I needed was for someone to listen to me pouring my heart out.