Chapter Twenty Two

C: Now here's what I don't get. You said you went and talked to your management and then afterwards you told me nothing suspicious was going on. So you either lied to me or you really had no clue. You assured me all was fine and I trusted you. And next thing I know is I wake up to my boyfriend being engaged to someone else. I mean, did you ever think about me? For one second?

I was pacing up and down in Zayn's living room talking to my boyfriend but I was talking more to myself. It's been the third day of his fake engagement and the boys got the weekend off so I called them all one by one and made them meet me at Zayn's. I also called Eleanor. Bridget, who found out the day after it happened, texted me as well and offered to provide moral support given that I was the only one in Team Chloe.

C: Eleanor, when you said you heard management hacking up plans why didn't you dig deeper? Or why didn't you tell me right away? At least I would've been prepared. And you Harry, don't tell me you had no idea this was about to happen. Great friend, you are. Really great.

H: If I had known any of this I would've told you right away. It's not like they let us all in on secrets and PR that involves just one of us.

C: So, you wanna tell me you didn't know anything. You weren't let in on anything. You were just as surprised as I was?

Lo: Yes. No one knew.

C: No one except Zayn. Which leads me to the question of why my boyfriend would lie to me.

Everyone kept staring at Zayn, then at me, then back at Zayn. They'd all rather leave then stay there. They all knew what was about to happen.

Z: I was just trying to protect you.

C: This is what you call protection? Keeping vital information from me? Because there's no way I would've found out, right? As if I don't know how to turn on a damn tv?

Z: I tried to change their minds. I really did. I haven't heard from them since I had that meeting with them. I thought maybe they would drop it. And in case they did I didn't want you to worry for no reason.

C: You thought they would change their minds? Exactly what did you do for them to change their minds? You know what? It's unbelievable! The way your management handles your PR. If I was in your place I would've sued their asses a long time ago.

That comment earned me a few chuckles from Louis. At least someone understands my position.

C: They've got this weird conception of what's good for you and ...you know what? That's not my fucking business, I don't have to deal with this.

B: Calm down, relax.

Zayn looked up and fixed his gaze me. Since Perrie showed up at the premiere in that dress, smiling from ear to ear, he knew shit hit the fan. He tried to get to Louis and fill him in but Louis was surrounded by Modest staff so there was no way he could go and talk to his mate. Even his mom, who besides Perrie, was the only person who was filled in, gasped when she saw Perrie walking up to Zayn. But she had to put on a happy face because the cameras were still rolling.

The others were equally concerned and waited for me to go on with my monologue.

C: How long is this engagement going to last?

Everyone's head shot in my direction. Was she really considering putting up with all of this?

Z: I don't know.

C: Because you didn't ask. Why didn't you ask? You know that worries me a lot. That you wouldn't even care about that. You know I'm not a complainer. I told you before. You were sure I'd put up with this crap, weren't you?