Chapter Sixteen

When I woke up the next morning I felt like I got hit by a bus. My head was throbbing and my mouth was dry. I chuckled to myself. It was an awesome night. We watched all the Godfather movies, had dinner and a lot of alcohol. We stayed up till late at night and at the end Niall was too drunk to drive back to his place so he stayed here at Zayn's. In a way it was good because I was scared the events of last night would repeat in case we were alone. Besides, today was the day we would head back to the States. No, I haven't forgotten about Cal's words. '... Management is trying to get rid of you...'.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality.

C: Come in.

N: Are you dressed?

C: No.

He opened the door anyway and stepped in. 

C: What's up?

N: That's what I want to ask you! You looked very upset last night. When I entered the living room, you and El immediately stopped talking.

C: We had a litle girl talk. Not meant for a guy's ears.

I tried to wave it off but I knew he wouldn't let go that easily.

N: I don't believe you. You're upset about that picture of you and Harry, isn't it so?

I remained silent.

N: Harry told me you called him and that you sounded worried. He made jokes about it and now you're pissed. Am I right?

Think fast, Chloe!

C: Yes. Well, I'm more pissed at myself that I agreed to meet him in the middle of Times Square. It wasn't very professional of me.

Niall shook his head energetically.

N: Don't be so hard on you. It was just a coffee-date with a friend. No matter what the papers say, you and Harry know how it really was and that's the only thing that matters.

Oh, so you haven't seen the caption in  the US mags either?

C: Ni-

I was disturbed by my ringing phone. I checked the ID. It was Louis.

Hey.

Is it really true? Cal told you Modest wants to cut you off?

Louis, I'm sorry but I'll have to kill your girlfriend!

I can't right now, I'm leaving for the airport soon.

Who is there with you? Zayn?

Yes, yes. Another time.

Alright, we'll talk about it later.

I hung up and let out a long sigh.

N: Who was it?

C: Just my agency. Asked if I was free to go to a casting today. They thought I'm leaving tomorrow.

N: Oh, ok. 

There was another knock and the door opened to reveal a sleepy Zayn in boxers.

Z: Niall what are doing in here? Go get dressed. We're leaving in an hour.

At Zayn's comment Niall furrowed his eyebrows but did as his friend requested.

C: Very subtle.

Z: Good morning to you, too.

He flashed his killer smile but I looked away.

Z: What's wrong?

C: Nothing.