Chapter Twenty - Was it all a big mistake?

A week had passed since Zayn and I got together. I called Eleanor to share the good news with her but she wasn't nearly as excited as I hoped she would be.

--FLASHBACK--

You don't sound very excited.

I'm sorry. I am excited. And glad. But there's still a lot of stuff you two need to sort out.

I know. Zayn told me he'd take care of everything. And I trust that he will.

Did you tell him that?

Yes, he knows.

Don't you think it might've been too soon?

No.

God I hope you're right.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

I was in the middle of packing my suitcase for my trip to London. I called Bridget and Sam and told them I'd be around so we arranged a meeting. When I finished packing I had dinner and went to bed early.

The next morning I got out of bed at 6 and went straight to the airport. While waiting to board I tried to call Zayn but he wasn't picking up his phone. Probably stuck in a meeting or something.

At the same time in London...

Z: No! Listen to what I'm saying. We're done here. It's over. End it.

Modest: Zayn, it's not that easy and you know it. We have a deal.

Z: You got what you wanted. People are buying their records. They're doing fine. What else is there left?

Modest: Just hold on a little bit more. You have your movie premiere coming up. Do you really want that kind of negative press now?

Zayn sighed. Of course not. The boys were looking forward to their movie premiere. Besides, they had no idea he was here today to talk their management out of their ridiculous plan.

Modest: Look. It'll only be for a couple more months. I don't get why you want to drop the deal now.

Zayn contemplated whether he should tell the man sitting opposite him that he's in love and doesn't want to continue with the lies.

Z: I met someone. And it's serious. And I don't want her having to deal with that.

He decided he would tell the reason why, but leave most of the details out.

Modest: Who is she?

Z: I'm sorry but that's none of your business.

Modest: Fair enough. But we can't make the cut now. So I need you two to be really careful. You know it's risky. You better now mess up.

Z: Sure.

Modest: Is that it?

Z: Yes, that's all.

Modest: Um, don't you think you should tell Perrie?

Z: If you want to tell her, go ahead. She doesn't have to hear it from me.

With that he was out the door and jumped in the car waiting for him outside the building. He immediately checked his phone and saw the five missed calls from Chloe. He was about to call her back when he received a new text message.

From Chloe:

Called you earlier but you were probably busy. About to board now. Will land around 8pm tonight.