Epilogue - Part 1

I was rudely awakened by my alarm an hour ago. I was still in bed trying to shake the sleep off my body. I had a lot to do today.

It's been exactly 168 days since I ran into a furious Zayn in my town house in New York City. I wasn't prepared to see him so soon. Or so angry. But maybe it was better that way. We both got a lot off our chests that day. It was important we did that, as we both needed to move on. With or without one another.

I sat up on my bed and squinted as the sun's rays shone through the flimsy curtains.

--FLASHBACK--

Z: What the hell were you thinking?

C: I wasn't thinking, okay? But you're overreacting a bit. I had no idea paps would be there. It's not like I planned it.

Z: Oh, so you hoped no one would see you making out with that guy?

C: Making out? Relax! I was drunk. We kissed. No big deal. Get over it. Besides it was your idea to take a break. What are you so pissed about?

Z: I can't believe you.

C: You can believe me or doubt me. I'm just telling you what happened.

Z: You know what I think? I think you were hurt after our conversation the night before so you ran off and grabbed the next best guy just to get me mad.

C: He's not just some guy, he's a friend. And I didn't want to kiss him. IT JUST HAPPENED. Aren't I allowed to make mistakes? This is what it was. A mistake. And it had nothing to do with you.

Z: It has a lot to do with me! Everything to do, every time you're in the news it all comes back to me. It affects me too.

C: Whoa! Whoa! Hold on. You're acting like I'm some cheap tramp that's out there to ruin your career and reputation.

Z: You know they warned me of you. They said this would happen.

C: Who?

Z: The management.

C: Well maybe you should leave then.

Z: I really should.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

And he left. And I didn't hear from him again. It's been 6 months now. I never stopped wondering what he meant when he said those words.

They warned me of you.

D: Morning sleepyhead.

C: Hey.

D: I went down to the shop and got us breakfast.

C: You're a darling.

D: Anything for you.

He came closer and kissed me on the lips.

D: What are your plans for today?

C: I don't know.

Actually I knew exactly what I would be doing today. I would be meeting up with Eleanor. We had a lot of things to discuss.

I got dressed in a short dress and sandals. I left my hair open and grabbed my bag.

C: I'll be home later. Will you be there?

D: No. I'm leaving soon. Important meeting. I'll see you tonight.

C: Okay. Love you.

D: Love you more.