Chapter Ten - Fairytale or Nightmare

A week later...

I had called Harry three days ago to tell him I'd be flying in on Tuesday because I had some work to do. Strangely enough it wasn't him who answered the phone, it was Paul. He told me Harry was asleep. I wondered why Paul was even in his room if Harry was sleeping but decided not to be noisy. I informed him I wouldn't be needing their private jet but he told me to not get commercial plane tickets until he spoke with Harry and called me back. I didn't argue with him and said I'd wait for his call. And then yesterday Paul called me and said the jet would be waiting for me today at the airport.

B: You have everything with you?

C: Yes.

B: Passport? Phone charger? Credit cards?

C: Yes. Yes. Yes.

B: Condoms?

C: Bri!

B: Just making sure!

S: Bridget, leave her alone! It's not the first time she's doing this. You act like her overprotective mother.

C: Thank you, Sam, but I know she's just trying to help. 

B: Will anyone pick you up from the airport?

C: Since I'll be flying in their private jet I assume I won't be alone in there. I guess whoever is travelling with me up will take me to the hotel.

B: And the boys arrive in New York in two days? Are you even sure you'll be staying in the same hotel as them?

C: Since I haven't heard otherwise, I assume yes.

My phone rang in my pocket and I dropped both my suitcases. It was an unknown number. Maybe a job offer? Oh please dear God, not now! 

Chloe Davis, hello.

Hey, this is Cal. A friend of Harry. Listen, there's a small problem with your flight today.

Oh no! They're canceling. I knew it!

The private jet is occupied. You'd have to fly in commercial. I already got you a first class ticket. Your flight is leaving in two hours. Can you make it?

Of course, no problem. Thanks!

Although I had no idea to whom I was speaking, I relaxed at the man's words. 

Great. Paul will be at the airport in New York to pick you up.

Okay!

See ya! Bye.

I hung up and shook my head as if I was trying to get all the thoughts in my head into place.

B: Who was it?

C: Harry's friend apparently. Their jet is occupied and they got me a first class ticket instead. But I need to leave right now or else I won't make it in time.

S: Let me drive you to the airport. Bridget are you coming with us?

B: I suck at goodbyes. I think I'll stay here.

C: Awww! I won't be gone forever. I'll be back in a week. Two the most. Don't worry about me.

We hugged and Sam carried my luggage to his Jeep. It was 9 in the morning and I was a bit cold. Partly because I decided to wear something light today. I checked the weather for New York and saw that it would be warm and sunny. What I didn't consider was that I would be leaving London in the morning hours when it was still chilly.