Chapter Twenty Four

When's your plane landing?

Like 9pm or something. Why? You're not gonna be there to pick me up, are you?

Of course.

That might be a bad idea. The place will be full of paps.

Do I look like I care?

I don't know I can't see your face right now.

I'll meet you tonight. Love you.

Love you more. Bye.

I hung up and checked the time. I had an hour to kill before my ride would take me to the airport. I just finished my last show in Paris and would soon be on my way to Australia to reconnect with Zayn and the boys. It's been a week since their last leg of the tour started and almost two weeks since I last saw Zayn. I was avoiding the news because I knew what people talked about these days.

My phone rang, indicating my ride was waiting for me. It would be a long ass flight so I made sure to bring a book with me. I looked around one last time, then exited the hotel room.

The next day - Around 9pm...

I stepped out the airport and looked around. I had no idea what I was looking for. I hadn't made arrangements for someone to pick me up, and Zayn surely wouldn't show up. Although it was after 9 the place was still crowded. I decided to wave a cab over and got in. I knew what hotel the boys were staying in so I gave the driver directions to their hotel.

I took my phone out and decided to text Zayn, letting him know I arrived.

To Zayn:

I'm heading to the hotel now.

He replied almost immediately.

From Zayn:

Sorry I couldn't pick you up.

To Zayn:

It's ok. I wasn't expecting to see you at the airport anyway.

That sounded bitter, but it was exactly how I felt. Bitter. I know there are some things I have to go without, but it doesn't mean I can't show my discontent.

I immediately felt bad for thinking that way. Zayn was risking so much by having me around. I shouldn't be such a bitch.

To Zayn:

I'm sorry if that came out wrong. I'm happy to see you.

From Zayn:

Can't wait.

I put the phone back in my bag and held onto it for the rest of the ride.

When I arrived at the hotel I found out Zayn had already booked me a room. Not on the same floor though, because there were fans staying in the hotel and he didn't wanna raise suspicion. I understood. I took a shower and changed. Before I had the chance to text Zayn and ask him where we would be meeting, he texted me saying he would be on his way over soon.

The next morning...

I had room service bring my breakfast then took a long bath. I dressed and decided to go out for a walk. The boys had a concert tonight but I wasn't sure whether I could join them. I decided to take my mind off of things by doing a bit of retail therapy.