Questions

~ Chapter 17 ~

Chloe's POV

I cleared my throat which snapped him out of the argument which he was having mentally. His eyes still filled with worry and his hands shaking a bit. I bit my lip and looked down. God, I'm so stupid! Why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut? Why did I have to blurt it out like that? Ugh... what if someone had heard us talking? What if they knew that I was a royal? Would they kill me? No! Shut up Chloe! I'm pretty sure that these thoughts about people killing you aren't healthy.

Why would they want to kill a royal? What had they done which was so wrong. How the hell did I become a royal anyway? I'm sure my parents are normal werewolves? Or are they royal? No they can't be... can they? I mean if they were wouldn't we be in some sort of palace or castle now? I looked back at him and sighed. I hated the silent treatment.

"Say something?" I pleaded. I hated that look of worry which he had. Why is it since I've met my mate all this shitballz has happened? I mean my life was perfectly normal. But what about those men? How many have been after me? Had Ashton scared them away before? He said he has been protecting me. Why am I getting so worked up about this now? I mean... ugh!

"You're not supposed to know who's guarding you." He whispered he's voice so quiet that if I hadn't had werewolf hearing I wouldn't have heard him. I nodded and let out a loud breathe.

"Ok, so... what now?" I asked. There has to be some sort of way where we could just pretend that I hadn't known about him can't there? I'm not the best liar; ok scratch that I'm a terrible liar, but still no-one could know that I know right?

"I have to tell the Elders." I gasped. What is he crazy or something? Would they punish him if they found out I knew? Or would they just let it pass?

"W-what... w-why? I... mean... no just why?" I stuttered.

"They have to know that you know about me. I wasn't ever meant to get this close to you. Damn it!" He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. I looked at the ceiling to help stop the tears from falling.

"What will they do w-when you tell them?" He smiled a little which caught me off guard. I frowned at him.

"Guess i'll have to wait and see..." He trailed off looking at the door. We stayed quiet for a few minutes lost in our own thoughts. I looked at Ashton I bet you if I had an x-ray his mouse would have a six pack with all the running it's doing due to his thoughts. I jumped a little startled when he burst out laughing.

"What's funny?" He looked at me still laughing and shaking his head.

"My mouse has a six pack?" I stared wide eyed at him. He can read my mind?

"You can read minds?" He shook his head.

"No you said that out loud." I blushed. Oh my god! He must think I'm a total nutcase! Saying that he has a mouse instead of a brain, and to top it off I said that it could have a six pack. Oh lord!

"God that's embarrassing." I muttered. He chuckled and got up.

"Chloe don't think too much about this. I'm sure it will be fine." He said reassuringly. I let a small smile slip and nodded.

"I hope I don't want you to leave... again." I said the last bit quietly. I wouldn't be able to carry the guilt of knowing that he had to leave again because of me. He came and sat by me and put an arm over my shoulder. I sighed and relaxed into him.

"I don't want to leave either." He said honestly. Of course he wouldn't want to leave. He's just reunited with the family and he's going to have to leave again because I found out. Me, I would be the one to blame if he was sent back. If none of my family ever saw him again. It would be my fault.

"Promise me you won't leave." He sighed.

"I wish I could promise you that." I chocked on the sob which was threatening to come out.

"I understand." He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"Try and get some sleep Chlo." He said while getting up. I smiled and watched him walk out the room. Once he was out I breathed a long shaky breathe. I don't want him to leave, not when I've just got him back. A part of my life would go with him if he had to leave again and I don't want that to happen. I love him like all my other brothers even in the few hours I've known him. I put my book back on the bookshelf and crawled under my covers. Please don't take him away again I prayed silently. With that I feel into a dreamless sleep.

~*~

Trey's POV

I watched as she ran out the canteen. I looked over to were her brothers normally sit, to see them all glaring and frowning at her back. I clenched my fist in anger. They made her run out of here. I just got her and they're already causing problems. I ran a hand through my hair and ran out after her. I reached the door only to be stopped by a low threatening growl. I turned around to see her twin. I think his name was James. I wanted to punch this guy. What's his problem with me and Chloe? She's my mate! Mine! I should be able to hold her hand and kiss her without having this douche on my tail, no pun intended.

Glaring at him, "What?" I snapped. He stood there glaring back at me clenching and unclenching his jaw every few seconds. Is he trying to be intimidating? Because I'm pretty sure I could snap this guy in a few seconds.

"I told you to stay away from her." I scoffed. This guy seriously needs a few punches.

"She's my mate! I have every right to be by her!" I snarled.

"You will only hurt her again!" I growled at him and took a step forward.

"I was never meant to hurt her in the beginning!" I yelled. I was fighting with my wolf now. All he wanted to do was rip this guy apart. But I couldn't allow him to do that as the guy was close to Chloe and I didn't want to hurt her. Or cause her any pain in any way. I mentally groaned I'm really turning into a pansy!

"But you still did!" I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down before things got nasty. As in my foot getting stuck up his ass. Ok no I wouldn't want my foot to get stuck up his ass.

"It was a mistake!" I groaned and ran a hand down my face. Why am I standing here arguing with him? When my mate is somewhere probably sad. My heart clenched at the thought of her being sad. He went to say something else but I just cut him off.

"Look, whatever problem you have with me doesn't involve Chloe so don't take it out on her. Now I'm going to go find her and you, you can stay out of my way!" I turned and ran out the doors not waiting for his response. I looked around and groaned when I couldn't see her. What if she wants to be on her own? What if she doesn't want to see me? I walked around for a bit when I couldn't catch her sent and gave up. I sighed and sat on a nearby bench.

I still couldn't believe that Chloe had given me a second chance. I saw the way she looked when I was with other girls. Her face looked so torn that it was killing me. I only did it to get my mind of her but nothing worked. Whenever I was with another girl it felt so wrong. So wrong that I had to literally run away from some that came near me. I felt as if I was being suffocated when a girl came near me which wasn't her. So after a long argument with myself I came to the terms of just going along with it and now that I've felt what it feels like, I wouldn't want anything else. For the first time I have something special and I'm not going to let anyone come in the way of that... not even her brothers.

~*~

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! :) <3

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN. :)

- Shenadex