Could It Work?

~ Chapter 14 ~

Chloe's POV

So I put this in here and put that in there. I smiled I totally aced it! I ran down the hallway and hid so almighty Principal Haylwood wouldn't see me. I've been at this school for about 5 weeks now and I guess you can say I made it into the 'prank' group, but I wouldn't change that for any other group. I nodded over to Elle and she smirked.

Elle is one of the funniest people I've ever met. She has brown hair and grey eyes which are to die for. She let out a quiet laugh. I looked back just as I saw the knob of his door turn. I put my hand over my mouth just in case. I watched as he walked out and pulled the string by the force of the door. Sticky feathers flew at him. I burst out laughing as I watched him try to fight them away. Elle took a few pictures and took my hand. I turned around and ran beside her. We stopped by the library and nearly died laughing!

"Holy freaking Mary!" I looked at her with a 'what-did-you-just-say' expression. She shrugged and let out a few more laughs.

"Did you see how he flapped those chicken wings? He was like BOYAAH!" I started laughing again when she started running around like a chicken. This is totally a face-palm moment. An well that's exactly what I did... and well a little too hard. My head hit the wall behind me causing me to wince. The pain went after a few seconds which I was thankful for.

"Elle, stop that you're making me dizzy." I said with my eyes closed. I opened them and she was right in my face grinning wildly. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Am I still making you buzz?" She said very quickly. I looked at her.

"You have too much energy for your own good!" I said. She tilted her head in thought.

"Yeah it's because-" She leaned closer. "-you see I'm going undercover for the FBI." She stated. I leaned back and looked at her.

"Ok..." I said slowly. She needs help I thought.

"Cool bananas gone ripe." She whispered looking to her left. I followed her gaze and saw Trey. We haven't been on talking terms but he has tried to make the effort. Even though it does get affected when he goes round kissing other girls. Ahh the heartache. I groaned and she just stood there glaring at him.

"Cool bananas... gone ripe?" I asked her. Where the hell does she get this stuff from?

"Huh?" She asked still glaring at him. I sighed it was no use talking to her right now. Trey noticed me and walked towards me. I groaned and walked away.

"Chloe? CHLOE!" Just keep walking. Just keep walking. I chanted inside my head. I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and turn me around.

Ew!

"Huh?"

I squinted my eyes at him. Why did he say huh?

"You just went ew...?"

Oh I see I didn't notice I said that out loud. "Do you need a reason why?" I asked. He sighed and pulled me into the closet. Where the hell was Elle?

"Move" He shook his head. I groaned and stood in the middle of the room. He moved closer to me. Great! I am not moving back so he can corner me again. No way! So I stood my ground and watched as he came near me. I crossed my arms and leaned to my right. When he was inches away from me he stopped. I could feel his body heat wrap around me as his eyes gazed into mine. For a minute there I was lost. Lost in his eyes? Yes cliché I know. I mentally slapped myself. This snapped me out of alien world.

"Why aren't you speaking to me?" He said softly.

"I-I..." He put his hand on my cheek which sent tingles through me.

"Chloe, what is it your trying to say?" He whispered. I shook my head.

"I-I can't." He looked at me.

"You can't what?" He asked. I groaned and moved his hand with mine and stepped around him so that I was closer to the door. He dropped his hand to his side and stared at me.

"I can't do this with you ok!" I stated. It's true I'm fed up with him. He can't just come to me whenever and then run off with another girl. He's just made this so confusing for me. All I want is to get on with him, but how can I do that if whenever I see him with a girl he just breaks my heart all over again. I look down and sigh. I can't do this with him. He starts to come closer so I raise a hand.

"Do what with me?" I scoff. Is he that much of an idiot?

"This!" I shouted. I pointed at him and then me. I watched as he followed the movement with his eyes.

"Chloe, I'm really trying here but you're the one making it hard!" He shouted back. I growled at him.

"Don't try and put this on me! You're the one going off with other girls even though your mate is right in front of you!" He ran a hand through his hair. Gosh he's so sexy when he does that. No Chloe, it's not the time for your perverted comments! I scowled to myself. All of a sudden he started smirking. I frowned at him.

"Wow, is my little mate jealous?" He said while coming closer to me. My frown deepened even more.

"Do I look jealous to you?" I questioned my voice a little high pitched. He rested one of his hands on my hip. I stepped back which caused it too fall off. But he just stepped forward and put it back on. He leaned in and rested his head in the crook of my neck. My breathing hitched and my heart started beating like crazy. He moved his hand off my hip and wrapped it around my waist. He pulled me closer and kissed my neck. I was frozen. What is he doing to me? I was fighting with my body all it wanted to do was jump him and kiss him until we couldn't breathe anymore.

"Do you feel that?" He whispered into my ear softly. I shivered and hesitantly nodded. He chuckled and kissed my neck again. I moaned quietly. Oh my god! What in the freaking hell am I doing? He pulled back a bit and looked into my eyes. My heart started to go even crazier and I swear it should be illegal to be going that fast!

"Chloe, we can make this happen." I bit my lip. My arms were still by my side and his were still round me. He will break my heart. Even I know that. He's a man-whore the word relationship is like a bad word to him. He could never understand the way I would want a relationship to be. He would always be looking at other girls and flirting with them. So because of that I knew that we could never make this happen. Unless I was going to put my heart at risk.

"This could never work out bec-" He smashed his lips to mine making me forget that sentence. I wrapped my arms around his neck and moved my lips with his. I ran my hands through his hair and moaned when he sucked on my bottom lip. His hand snaked up my back and tangled into my hair. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip asking for entrance. I opened eagerly his tongue fighted with mine. Wherever he touched tingles erupted. He pulled me closer, I could feel every part of his body on mine now. I pulled back for air. His lips never left my body though he kissed along my jaw up to my ear. He kissed up my neck until he found my soft spot. Once he found it he sucked it causing me to moan. He kissed it one more time before he pecked me on the lips and pulled his head back. We were both breathing harshly now. He rested his forehead onto mine and looked into my eyes.

"What do you say?" He said quietly. I sighed. Should I chance it? Should I put my heart at risk for him? All these questions were running through my mind. I could feel our bond growing after that kiss.

"O-ok." I said slowly. He sighed in relief and kissed me again.

"Thank you, you won't regret it." He said when he pulled back. I better not otherwise your family jewels are mine I thought to myself.

~*~

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN. :)

- Shenadex