Maybe, Just Maybe

~ Chapter 10 ~

Unknown POV

I see her again always the same, wondering around without a care in the world. She has no idea what sort of people are after her. That makes me smile. A girl her age should never have to go through life looking over her shoulder.

I remember when I was told it was my job to protect her. Yet did she know she was a royal. I would protect her with everything I have. She is the one who will help protect our kind from the dark ones. The weak ones that couldn't control their wolf. I laughed quietly how could they not be able to control their wolf? Then I thought about her mate... how could he reject her? She was so important to the werewolf culture it was unreal. If he knew about her powers he would soon swoon over her.

I looked over at her again she had her head in her arms. I wanted to comfort her and tell her it will all be alright. I don't know if she will ever remember me nor her brothers. I was sent away not by my parents choice though I was forced into this. But when I noticed I was protecting her, I wouldn't mind it any other way.

I backed away and sighed. If only I could talk to her one day then maybe, just maybe I could be her b- She snapped her head up looking around as if she noticed me. I quietly got up and backed away. She couldn't know about me yet. I watched as she put her chin on top of her knees and inhaled the woods smell. I smiled at her maybe, just maybe I could.

~*~

Trey's POV

I walked away from her. I could feel her smell start disappearing slowly making my wolf whimper. I can't believe I'm walking away from her, my mate. What is wrong with me? The player part of me was congratulating me, while my heart was breaking slowly. I remember my dad saying that having a mate is the best thing that could have ever happened to him. He explained to me that thousands of werewolves would travel around to find there mate. I kicked a tree and leaned my head against it.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid." I mumbled to myself while punching the tree. Why can't I just accept her? There's something stopping me but what is it? I ran a hand through my hair I remember seeing her watch me as I had done this. Does she like it when I do this? I groaned why am I thinking about her so much? I heard shuffling in the bushes; I quickly snapped my head in the direction the sound came from. I squinted my eyes to see what it was, but wherever I looked there was nothing there.

"Accept her." A male voice said. I looked around. There was still nothing there. I moved forward a bit.

"Show yourself." I said in alpha authority. I heard a humours laugh. What is happening? Why isn't he listening?

"It doesn't work on me kid." Kid? I will show him kid!

"Who are you?" I growled threatening. This douche better show himself!

"Someone who you should be listening to." He said back calmly. What is this guy? How can he sound so relaxed while I'm here threatening him?

"Why?" I asked with curiosity.

"Because what you're doing is selfish, and as to whom I am. Well that you will be finding out soon." Selfish? I nodded I was actually being very selfish. Maybe I could give it a chance?

"Hey? You still there?" I asked aloud. When no response came I started walking away. It might work?

'Yeah right!' Player Trey said. I shook my head I cannot be arguing with myself right now. I carried my on my walk home.

I opened the door and walked inside my living room. My dad was sitting there with a disappointed look on his face. I slowly made my way over to the sofa opposite him. He shook his head and sighed loudly. I gulped and looked around nervously trying to avoid eye contact.

"Why?" He said looking at me. I raised my eyebrows.

"Why what?" He frowned and gave a low warning growl.

"Don't even act like you have no idea what I am talking about Trey! Here I was thinking me and your mother raised you to be a gentlemen. Ha... it looks like we were wrong." He said back truthfully. I frowned at his words.

"But I really d-"

"Your mate! You rejected her you heartless kid! Because you know that's what you are... a kid! You have no idea what that poor girl is going through!" He shouted. I flinched. How does he now about her?

"H-how?" I choked out.

"Her dad or should I say a very pissed off dad came around to rip your head off." He said back. I groaned. Great, now I have a pissed off dad on my case.

"You need to seriously grow up Trey. You don't understand how disappointed I am in you." With that he walked away, leaving me to sit here in my own grief.

~*~

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN. :)

- Shenadex