Bringing The Past Up

~ Chapter 39 ~

Chloe's POV

It's been two days, two long days since I had any contact with any of my family. Sighing softly I rolled over in Trey's bed so my back was to him. Fresh tears rolled down my face as I remembered my dad's words. I didn't mean for any of this to have happened, none of it really was my fault. It wasn't my fault that I became a royal or that Ashton turned out to be my secret bodyguard. Wiping my tears away as I felt Trey move behind me, I let out a shaky breath.

"Chloe..." I heard him mutter sleep coating his voice. Knowing that if I replied my voice would crack, instead I choose to fake sleeping. I felt him move closer and wrap his arms around my waist pulling me flush against his chest.

"I love you." He whispered, kissing the top of my head. My lips quivered as I tried to keep my tears under control. He is so sweet to me and I'm basically... a wreck, it was only a matter of time before I did something wrong and he left me too.

~*~

Daniel's POV (Chloe's dad)

Smashing my fist against the wall in my office I paced the average sized room, remembering the events which had happened two days ago. The day I realised it was my own daughter's fault that my son had been taken away. To make matters even worse she already knew about it, scrunching my face up in disgust I looked at my wife who stood at the door watching my every move.

"Dan, it isn't Chloe's fault." She spoke softly staring at me worriedly. I carried on pacing ignoring her words. Yes, yes it is her fault!

"Daniel! Snap out of it! This is our daughter you're kicking out because of something that WASN'T even her fault!" She told me emphasizing on the 'wasn't'. I growled at her.

"It was her fault Rebecca! She was the royal he had to protect! How is she even a royal we aren't even royal!" I shouted at her. I watched as she froze at that and looked down, I squinted my eyes and took her in.

"You're hiding something from me aren't you?" I asked as I took slow steps towards her. She shook slightly and looks up at me.

"N-no look it's better left unsaid," She said desperately wanted nothing more than for me to leave the subject alone. I scoffed and shook my head.

"I want to know what you're hiding from me and I want to know now Rebecca." I said sternly. Whatever she was hiding I knew would relate to why Chloe was a royal.

"Please... don't," She said and leaned back against the wall. I took in her body stance was it that bad?

"Is it that bad that you can't even tell me?" I asked voicing my thoughts. She looked around the room, searching desperately for an answer.

"Please can we just leave it?" She asked looking me in the eyes, I shook my head no.

"No! Rebecca tell me now!" I demanded. What could she be hiding from me?

"It happened a long time ago Daniel! There's no need to bring up the past." She said monotonously. Tilting my head to the side I internally wondered why she wouldn't tell me, I'm her mate. We're supposed to tell each other everything!

"There's every need! There's something I don't know about you and I want to know why I don't know and why you have hidden it from me for so long." I said calmly.

Her tense expression relaxed slightly at my tone of voice. Knowing that she was finally understanding and opening up, I took a seat on the two seated couch in my office. I watched as she slowly advanced me and sat beside me, looking down at her lap. Frowning slightly I gently lifted her chin and looked into those beautiful emerald eyes which made me fall in love with her at first sight.