Numbness

~ Chapter 7 ~

Chloe's POV

After my wolf had her run I walked back into the house. I could feel my energy draining so I walked straight to the kitchen to see if there was anything to eat, looking in the fridge I groaned when all I saw was all the crap food that my brothers love. I closed the fridge and was about to walk upstairs but then remembered the food that I told my mum to leave.

I looked around and saw it on the counter and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. When it beeped, I took it out and put it on the table in front of me grabbed a fork and started eating my spaghetti and meatballs. My face scrunched up in distaste, are you supposed to reheat this in a microwave? Once I finished I put my plate in the sink and went to the games room.

My mind started running, as I thought of everything that had happened since I moved here. From starting a new school to being rejected by my mate. Sighing I ran a hand down my face as I remembered the name calling that happened earlier.

The one thing I never imagined to happen when I met my mate, happened. I always thought it would be beautiful and just perfect. But I guess some things just don't go as you expect it to.

What about him though? I mean there has got to be a reason why he's doing this? What if he has a problem? Or maybe he just doesn't want a mate? I think I heard my heart break a little as I thought that.

Shaking my head I decided to spend some time with my brothers, to help take my mind off the one person who could ruin my life in a matter of seconds.

Peeking through the door I saw all my brothers goofing around. Coby looked up and saw me he smiled and waved me over. I walked over to them and jumped over the sofa landing on a sleeping Harry. He groaned and put his hands on his belly while turning over and falling on the floor. I wanted to laugh but I could feel all my emotions disappearing slowly. I tried to smile but even I could feel it was fake.

'What's going on? Why can't I feel my emotions?' I asked my wolf.

'We can't feel them unless our mate is close now that we've found him.' She said back. I fell to the floor, I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything. I could only feel numbness. It was almost like I was drowning in my own body. Coby quickly knelt down beside me and shook me. Looked at him, I wanted to speak but all I could feel was a lump in my throat. I tried again but it just seemed the lump kept getting bigger and bigger.

"Chloe? Chloe what is it?" I looked at him. I wanted to scream and tell him what was happening and why I couldn't respond, but my body wouldn't allow it. I wanted to tell him that everything is ok and to not worry. I hated seeing that look in his eyes. He picked me up and hugged me. I wanted to hug him back, but my body wasn't listening to me it felt almost as if I was a dummy. He pulled back and looked at me again. I dropped my head I didn't want to see the pain in his eyes.

"Chloe, p-please speak to me." He pleaded as his eyes watered. I wanted to wipe it away and crack a joke to make him laugh but nothing. All I could do was watch him. I looked around and saw all of my brothers staring at me with all worried eyes. I look at James and his clutching his head with his eyes closed.

"Guys, guys I-I can feel what she feels!" He cried out in-between gasps. Everyone snapped their heads to him. Sam hesitantly walked over to him.

"What is it?" He asked him cautiously. James let out a few deep breaths.

"Pain and numbness, I-I can't feel any... any emotions." He gasped out; he mumbled something else then fainted. Sam quickly caught him and laid him on the sofa. They all looked back at me. I blinked a few times and walked away they all tried to stop me but I just kept walking. I couldn't see them like that and know I couldn't do anything to help them. I walked to my room and sat on my bed. I pulled my legs close and put my head on my knees. I sat there thinking because that's all I could do.

~*~

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN. :)

- Shanadex