Second Chance?

~ Chapter 12 ~

John's POV (Trey's dad)

I put my head in my hands. How could Trey be so stupid? Rejecting he's own mate. For crying out loud everyone I know of who has a mate, have no problems at all, they're all in love like me and my mate. He won't be able to take his place as alpha without his mate. Every pack needs an alpha female to help and if he doesn't accept her I will have no other choice but to hand the alpha position to someone else, which is one thing I don't want to do after all this pack has been going through my family for generations now.

I run my hand down my face. What's her name again? Chelsey... Chloe? Ah Chloe I think. Such a beautiful girl I don't see what his problem is? My bedroom door opens I look over and see my wife. I smile at her and my heart is doing a wild dance. It's been thirteen years and I still can't control the effect she has on me, but I wouldn't do anything to change that.

"Baby, you ok?" I shook my head and patted the bed next to me telling her to take a seat. I couldn't lie to her she either found out or would instantly now. She sat down and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"We'll talk about it later macho man, the foods ready though." She said back teasingly. I chuckled she's been calling me that every since we were sixteen. I kissed her on the forehead and got up pulling her with me.

"Ok honeybee." She smiled and tangled our hands together and pulled me along with her to the kitchen.

~*~

Chloe's POV

I nodded and squeezed my eyes shut. Oh god what does he want with me. I asked him but it was muffled as his hand was on my mouth. I opened my eyes as I felt his hand snaking up my body. My breath hitched I didn't like this one bit, I growled at him making him snarl back. I bit his hand making him cry out, I could taste his blood in his mouth.

I took this distraction to get out of his grip. I elbowed him in the chest making him heave. While kicking him in the shins, I punched him in the chin making his head snap back and kneed him in the groin. He groaned and fell onto the floor. I knelt down by him and put my hand around his neck and pulled his mask of, I gasped he had scars on his face. Besides them he was actually quite good looking with his brown hair and brown eyes.

I followed the scars with my finger and felt my eyes water. They looked like they were done by someone, what he had just done to me had gone out my head. Who could do this to him? He looked so young but older than me probably seventeen? He looked at me confused.

"W-what are you d-doing?" He asked quietly. I looked him in the eyes I could read people easy. He looked so vulnerable I just wanted to squeeze him and tell him everything will be alright.

"Who did this to you?" I heard him gulp and look round. He tried to get up but quickly laid back down and hissed because of the pain in his shin. I winced I shouldn't of hit him that hard.

"Why do you care?" He snapped with his eyes hardened.

I shook my head and laughed, "I was being nice, but since you're being such a donkey I'm just going to get one thing straight. Who are you and what do you want?" I said angrily.

"I can't say." He said looking a bit guilty. I nodded fair enough. I was never the type of person to torture someone for answers, but it works in the movies so why not?

"Ok tell your boss, master or alpha that if he has a problem with me for him to come, not get some kid to do his dirty work." He scoffed when I said kid. So I glared at him making him avert his gaze away from me. I got up and walked away.

Turning around, "Oh and by the way you just got beat by a girl. I can see your ego deflating before my eyes." I added with a chuckle. I heard him growl lowly, I flipped him of, so much for him being vulnerable. I pouted I was looking forward to squeezing him. I huffed and carried on walking.

"Chloe, Chloe wait up!" I turned around and saw jerk face. My eyes widened and I started running down the street. I heard him curse and start running after me. I ran around the corner, my house was at the end of the street. Come on Chloe nearly there. I turned around he was on my tail, pun not intended. I cursed and turned back around and... fell. Great! I groaned when my knees slammed of the ground. What happened to wolf reflexes?

"Shit!" I cursed loudly. I winced as I felt the sting in my knee. I sat up and rolled up my chinos. I looked up and noticed jerk face looking at me with concern.

"What the hell do you want?" I snapped. Stupid freaking Jerk! I ruined my chinos now. I groaned when I saw blood and grazes on my knees.

"A-are you ok?" I laughed. Psshh do I look ok?

"Yeah I'm freaking great! I just fell over and smacked my knees of the freaking ground and oh wow look it's bleeding! So yep I'm perfectly fine." I said and let out a huge breath. He sighed and holded out a hand for me, I slapped it away as if I want to touch that!

"Stop making this so difficult Chloe" He took my hand in his and pulled me up.

I growled at him, "Don't touch me." He sighed and stepped back. I looked at him and started walking off.

"Chloe, j-just hear me out." He said quickly. I turned back round to face him.

"Why should I?" I said looking him in the eyes.

"Because you're my... my m-mate." He said quietly. My heart started beating wildly as I heard him speak those words.

I walked closer to him, "Yeah but you have a funny way of showing it huh?" I said laughing awkwardly. He nodded smiling a little sheepishly.

"Look Chloe, I never meant for all this to happen. I-I just sort of panicked all this is new to me. I was never one to have a commitment with one girl. I've always been a player... and well I-I was just thinking maybe... I could, I mean we could try again?" He said nervously.

"Ok, but you have to prove to me that you want a second chance." With that I walked away swaying my hips. I giggled when I heard him groan and say 'this girl's going to be the end of me.' I smiled; maybe it won't be so bad, but for now I had to make sure I stuck with it. I had to make sure he proved it to me and not just fall into his arms.

You can do this Chloe, girl power!

~*~

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN. :)

- Shenadex