Always the Bait!

Guilt, Anger, Defeat were all churning angrily in my knotted up stomach. Wringing my shaking hands in my lap, I flashed my eyes toward the passenger rear view mirror, terrified that I would spot the Impala trailing behind us.

Biting my lip, I desperately tried to shake the gut wrenching feeling of nausea that has taken a vise like grip on my entire being since the moment I slide into Wade's passenger seat and regretfully watched as we pulled out of the motel parking lot.

Damn it, the silky voiced monster was right. I am destroying the connection, the bond that Dean and I have. The one that we seemed to have from the first moment we were thrown together by our Dads. It was like I could literally feel that damn connection that haunted and tortured me for years, crumbling into dust all around me.

Shifting uncomfortable in my seat, I once again cast my eyes to the mirror, this time feeling a sliver of hope that Dean could possibly be following after us. That he was coming after me. Man how pathetic am I, recently the depth seemed endless.

Furrowing my brow, I started to look around our surroundings, quickly taking notice that the buildings and businesses were fading out into trees. Sitting up, I turned toward Wade in confusion.

"I thought you said you knew the perfect place to get coffee?" watching him intensely, gauging his reaction to the question as apprehension, fear and suspiciousness started to flood my blood stream.

"I do." He quickly snipped back, flashing me a confident smile while his eyes gave away his nervousness, darting them back and forth between me and the road laid out before us.

"Okay... then why are we heading out of town?" turning my whole body to face him, narrowing my gaze as I watched him in a new, cautious light.

"It's a diner... just outside the city limits." Shrugging nonchalantly at me, casting another quick smile my direction before focusing back on the road with an unusual intensity and focus.

"Oh... all right." Trying to sound cool with the situation as I turned back toward the front of the vehicle.

My Hunter instincts finally kicked into gear, tensing up I flitted my gaze over Wade, out of the corner of my eye. Flicking my now attentive observation over his tense form, taking quick notice that he was gripping the steel wheel a little too tightly, that it was causing his knuckles to turning white from the pressure, his breathing thou it was a subtle change, was becoming more labored and the pulse from the vein popping out on his neck was pumping faster than normal, as if adrenaline was coursing through his veins.

Gulping against the regretful, guilty lump forming in my throat. Pissed off with myself for being so stubborn and pig headed, blatantly ignoring Dean's warning about Wade, so blinded by my own turmoil with having to work with Winchester again that I disregarded all the red flags that Dean, Sam and even my own brother Carlo was obviously aware of when it came to Danton.

Shaking my head, I attempted to gather my calm composure. Telling myself that I needed to not cast a shroud of guilt onto Wade, especially without any real, solid evidence to back up the boys' concerns regarding him. Knowing that I was going to have to scramble to figure out if he really was involved with all of those killings, especially before I became the next victim.

"So..." drawing his attention as I quickly filtered through the information we had compiled so far about Sophia's case and the little of information about his fiancé he had given me. "Not to jump right into talking shop... but we did agree to share information. Right?" Keeping my voice as normal as possible as my heart threatened to beat right out of my chest.