Marked

Once again I glanced at the digital clock on the nightstand and groaned seeing that it was only 2:36 am.

I've been laying here tossing and turning in this incredibly hard motel mattress for well over three hours, with no signs of sleep in sight.

Rolling onto my back, I continued to stare up at the ceiling and once again started to replayed everything from the last several hours over and over in my head.

After I walked away from Dean and went back into the house I had found that Sam, Carlo and Bobby had already formed a plan of flushing out the Incubus.

They figured that our best bet was going back through his pattern of bars and night clubs that he most recently picked his victims from and start scouting them out for any new information.

I told them that we should start off with where the last victim they had any information on was taken from and go from there.

Dean followed me back into the house just minutes later, but never attempted said anything more to me, just went along with whatever Sam and Carlo decided. Which is so not at all like him.

It turned out that the last place the Incubus had taken a victim from was a club called Oasis, located on the outskirts of Reno, Nevada.

Scowling in frustration, I threw off the thin blanket and climbed out of this shitty motel bed. If I wasn't going to be getting any sleep, I might as well burn off some of excess energy.

Pulling my duffel to me, I dugout a pair of dark grey capri leggings and slipped them on, hooked my black bra back in place under my burgundy camisole and slipped on my Skechers.

Gathering my hair up I pulled it back into a pony tail, grabbed the motel key from the table and head out for a much needed run.

Taking the time for a few stretches in the parking lot of the motel, before jogging across town and heading in the direction of the high school.

It was a good three miles or so to get to the school, at least from what I remember from the one semester I was enrolled there. I ran out onto the track once I got to the school and started taking laps.

After about the fourteenth lap I jogged back toward the motel. Sweat coated my skin causing me to shiver from the chilled breeze blowing lightly through the parking lot.

Placing my hands on my head, taking deep breaths I tried to control my rapid breathing, my heart was pounding wildly in my chest. Blowing out a breath I pulled out the motel key and went to open the door.

"Kind of late for a jog." A deep masculine voice called out from the darkness beside the Tahoe.

Jumping in shock, I whipped around in defense mode, only to find Sam Winchester standing next to the Tahoe, his hands shoved into his front pockets with his shoulders shagging with apprehension and worry.

"Couldn't sleep." I stated simply, turning back around to open my door and stepping into the room. Turning I was surprised to find him in the opening. "Kind late to be lurking around in a motel parking lot... don't you think." crossing my arms over my chest defiantly, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Couldn't sleep either... to many things running through my head." He stated honestly, shrugging his shoulders with a shy smirk.

"Yeah... me too." Nodding my head in agreement. "Couldn't get my brain to shut up." shaking my head in frustration as I moved to hold the door open.

What is he doing here? Especially this late at night or early in the morning, depending how you looked at it. Glancing around I was thankful that I had left the main light on when I left.