Doctors Appointment

A year later~
Baby Drew was a year old now. He was a very big and happy baby. Always waking up with a smile on his face which always seemed to brighten mom and dad's day.

" Sweetie, remember today is Drew's doctor check-up" Justin reminded me.
" Yes honey, im just preparing breakfast and we'll be right out" i said, while flipping the eggs that i was cooking on the stove.

I prepared the rest of our breakfast while Justin changed Baby Drew out of his onesie.
" Oh your so cute!" Justin baby talked, while Drew cracked up smiling happily.

We ate our breakfast and made our way out to the car and pulled out of our driveway heading to the doctor's office.

Once we arrived we checked in and sat down in the lobby to wait for Baby Drew's name to be called. We waited patiently for about 15 mins when we heard his name being called.

" Drew Bieber" Doctor Pattie said, standing in front of the door with her clipboard.

" Hello Doctor Pattie how are you?" I kindly asked, " Good good, how have you guys been long time no see" she replied.

We made our way to the room Baby Drew was getting checked in and waited a while for Doctor Pattie to be back.

Doctor Pattie checked Baby Drew asking as if he had any illnesses recently like a flu or a cough. She checked his heart a few times and sort of thought a lot about something for a few minutes as if she couldn't comprehend something. She looked at us and looked back at Baby Drew but didn't saw a word.

" Is everything okay?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous.

" Well... im listenening to his heart.. And its not beating properly. Have you noticed any breathing problems he may have? Or him not wanting to eat?" She asked.

" No i haven't, everything has seemed fine to me, he's a very happy baby, although sometimes, he doesn't want to eat but it's not all of the time".

" This isn't to alarm you or anything, but i'd like to have some check-ups on his heart, his heart beat is not beating the way it is properly supposed to be beating, it worries me a bit right now since he is so young. Please bring him in as soon as you can get an appointment." She said, with a worry in her eyes.

I started to panic, i didn't know what to think.

" Doctor Pattie, is this bad, is something wrong with Drew?" I said, while i felt my eyes beginning to water quickly.

" I have to take exams on his heart and his heartbeat, with those exams i can determine why his heart isn't beating properly, i can't tell you what it is right now or how delicate it is, but you have to make an appoinment becausw i have to see him as soon as possible again" she explained, walking us to the lobby while going back and speaking with the front desk lady.

" Give them and appointment as soon as possible please for exams and another check-up" she indicated to the front desk lady.

" Okay a free day we have here is next Tuesday, is that okay with you?" the front desk lady asked, " Yes that's perfect" i quickly replied.

She gave us a paper with our appointment printed on it and we were on our way home.

Me and Justin hadn't said a word to each other the whole ride home. Once we got home i just stayed in the car staring at my hands not knowing what to think. Baby Drew was fast asleep in his car seat.

Why did this have to happen, why now when we are all happy. My eyes starting pouring with tears and i couldn't control it. Justin got out of the car and came to the passengers side opened the door and hugged me so tight, which made me completely lose it. We were both sobbing into each others shoulders while Baby Drew was peacefully asleep. He obviously had no clue what was going on.

" We will get through this baby" Justin spoke softly.