chapter 23~ one miracle

Justin's POV 

I had disappeared in the dark smoke, rushing into the visible room. Something was in my way of heading towards a small light coming from the window ahead. It was a chair leg, so i looked down fanning the air with my hand, making the chair visible for me to see. My hand cupped my mouth once i realized why the chair was on its side. I quickly bent down moving the hair out of her face, hoping she was still breathing. 

" Ashley! Baby please wake up" i cried, shaking her shoulders gently. 

I grabbed her wrists, gently putting my finger against one if them and feeling for her pulse. There was absolutely no pulse what so ever. My heart shattered while my breath hitched dramatically, leaving me a bit dizzy. 

"Chaz!!" i yelped for help, "Call 911 right now!" i panicked, untying Ashley from the chair carefully. I was to distracted on her not breathing, that i hadn't seen the dark circles under her eyes, accompanied with bruises on both sides of her face and lip busts. My poor baby has been bullied so much, she probably just wants to die... 

After i had untied her completely, i put one arm under the back of her knees and one on her back and swooped her up in my arms. I kicked the door open, making it hit the wall harshly. 

" Their on their way man" Chaz said, rushing towards me, taking a quick look at Ashley. 

" Whoa man, she sure does not look okay, is she breathing?" he asked, his eyes fool with sympathy. 

"No man, she-she" my voice cracked, my throat hurting by the cry i was holding back. 

"I'm sure she'll be okay Justin, shes really strong to what I've seen and I'm sure she is strong enough to live through this" he reassured, patting my back lightly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The paramedics and the firefighters had already got here and they had already carried her inside the ambulance truck and blown out the fire. 

" So this is all you guys know? Did the abuser escape?Did you guys catch sight of her?" one of the investigators asked. 

" No, when we got here there was no sign of her, we think she escaped before we got here" I spoke truthfully. 

"Okay sir, we are going to take the patient with us shes not breathing right now but we have hooked up machines to try and get her breathing again but for right now she is in critical condition and she ... its possible she cant make it" he said, closing his clipboard and giving me a sad smile before heading back to his car. 

A tear rolled down my cheek but i made no attempt in wiping it away, i no longer cared. My life was completely over now, i used to think it wasn't with Ashley, she made me gain hope in a few things these past few months but now, I'm back to the old Justin. The old, drug addict, mindless jerk I've always been. 

My knees felt weak and breakable, as i kneeled down, covering my face and cried silently in the dirt. Tears rushing down my face quickly, drowning my hands with salty water. I couldn't control my love towards Ashley at the moment, my world had stopped and it felt like i was suffocating in my own world. 

"Justin, come on we can go to the hospital and see if Ashley's okay" Chaz's spoke quietly, kneeling down beside me. 

I immediately stood up wiping my eyes with the back of my hands, smiling slightly. 

" Well that got you up" chaz threw over his shoulders, chuckling to himself. 

" Anything involving Ashley right now gets me up Chaz" i said truthfully, making my way towards my car  few feet away. 

Please god let her be okay, just let me have this one miracle. I will do anything for you if you do.. just please let her be safe, and in my arms.