Chapter 31

Edited'
I'm currently at the Grill reading a book. A dumb cliche book. It's quite relaxing. Drinking a lemonade sitting in a comfy booth peace and quiet. Well not that quiet. My phone starts ringing and I let a groan out. "What?" I answer. "Stefan and Damon came over how long would it take you to get over here?" Elena asks. I groan again at the thought of Damon. "Just put me on speaker or whatever." I sigh and close my book. "Alright you're on." Elena says and I hear something.

"Hey Emma." Damon says through the phone. I'm about to say something but I feel a sharp pain in my side. I groan and set both my hands on the table causing the phone to drop on the floor. Once the pain stops like a second or two after I lift up my blue shirt and check my side for anything. Nothing. That's really strange. I look around for my phone, I see it under the table. So when I grab it and lift my head up I bang it under the table. "Shit." I curse out.

"Woah you gotta be more careful. Here's some more lemonade anything else just call me over." A handsome worker says. I give him a small thanks and he walks away. I then realize that I'm still on the call and I place my phone up to my ear. Elena, Damon, and Stefan are asking me what happened and if I'm okay, where I am. "Emma! What happened?!" Elena asks. I clear my throat. "I'm fine guys chill. I got a cramp and dropped my phone. Then I hit my head on the table when I picked it up." I sorta lie.

Okay the pain was definitely not a cramp. "Anyway, We went to go visit Katherine." Stefan says. I look around me. "What'd she say." I ask. "She wanted a bargain. If we got her a witch to get her out then she'd give us the moonstone. She also said that she'd leave mystic falls forever. Her fear of Klaus Was nothing compared to her hunger. She's starving. Plus she's getting bored down there." Stefan says. "I don't care if she's getting bored. The second she gets out she won't give us the moonstone and she probably won't leave Mystic Falls." I say and twirl my straw in the cup.

"We just want the moonstone." Damon says. "According to Rose's friend Slater there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan explains. I wince at the mention of Rose. Damon might not like her but she sure likes him. "No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice, ergo Elena and Emma live." Damon says. "How would you destroy it?" Elena asks. "By releasing it from the stone." Stefan says. "How do you guys even know this is going to work?" Elena asks sounding like the downer she is.

"Because we've got a crafty witch on our side." Damon says, probably smirking. "You guys talked to Bonnie about this?" I frown. "She agreed she'd do anything she could to help us." Stefan says. "It's Katherine who has the moonstone. Not you guys." Elena says. What's her problem. We need to try everything we can. I do not want to die. "We're going to get it from her." Stefan says. "What he means is, we'll pry it from her cold, dead hands if we have to." Damon says.

I smile a bit. "Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, grab the moonstone, and get out before she returns it." Stefan explains. That sounds like an okay plan. "Well it seems like you got it all planned out." I say. "Yep were great." Damon says. "Except for one thing.  I don't want you to do it." I raise my eyebrows and stop drinking my drink.

"What the hell Elena." I say. "What are you talking about we have no choice." Stefan says. "What about Klaus." Elena sighs. I get it she doesn't want them to interfere because she worried that Klaus will kill them. "We'll find him after the moonstone." Stefan says. "Is that before or after he kill everyone Elena and I love. Including you two?" I ask. People around me glance over to me. I leave money on the table and grab my book. "If we de-spell the moonstone then we can save your guys lives." Stefan says.