Chapter 20

Edited'
I pour myself a drink. "She shouldn't be up there." I say and grab my drink. "Don't worry he won't hurt her." Damon says. I sigh and place my drink down before I've had a sip. "I'm going up there." I say and walk to the stairs. "No your not." Damon appears in front of me. I roll my eyes. "Move." I glare at him. "Are you mad at me?" he asks. "No. It's just this whole Vicki thing. Bringing memories back, and it's like your fault she's dead." I say. He looks at me. I shrug. "So yeah I have a right to be not happy with you. But i guess I'm not mad." I say. I move past him and head for the stairs. "Elena did it." he says and disappears upstairs.

I run up the stairs like the normal human I am because I don't have super cool vamp speed. I get to Stefan's room panting. I see Stefan unconscious on the floor. I cover my hand with my mouth. Elena actually did it! I look at Elena and Damon and I see that she's holding his hand. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Damon asks Elena. "I'm sure." she says and let's go of his hand. Damon swings Stefan over his shoulder and walks past me and not even looking at me. He goes downstairs. Elena looks at me. "What happened between you two?" Elena asks. "Nada just we talked." I lie.

She looks at me. I walk out of the room to the basement. I see Damon set Stefan in a cell. He locks the door. "There's no guarantee this will work." Damon says. "It has to." Elena says. Damon and I start to walk away but Elena doesn't follow. "You coming?" Damon asks. "I'm gonna stay here." Elena says. Damon walks away. Elena looks at me and raises an eyebrow. I slide down on the wall across from her. And we wait.
~~~~~~~~~
Dream
"Damon." I whisper as I'm dying on the floor from someone feeding on me. "Shut up."he smiles and bites into his wrist. He feeds me his blood and I feel a whole lot better. I get up from the ground. I look around to trees. We're in the woods. I look over at Damon. "Who even was that?" I ask. "A different vampire I guess." Damon says. I hear two gunshots. I gasp for air and fall to the ground. I hold my wound so I don't bleed to death. "EMMA!" Damon yells. There's not enough time to heal me. On gunshot in the chest the other in the heart. Oh no I'm going to come back a vampire. I look at Damon. I smile and close my eyes.
End of dream.

I bolt up from the ground or wherever I was. "Emma jeez finally your awake!" Elena says kneeling in front of me. She grabs my face. "What's going on?" I ask breathing hard. "Don't worry its okay!" Elena says. "Am I a vampire?!" I aak. "NO NO! That was probably just a dream. We're outside of Stefan's cell. Remember last night?" Elena asks. I look around. I could of sworn that my 'dream' was real. She sits back down. "Did you get any sleep?" I ask her. I mean I stayed up almost the whole night. "A little." she sighs.

"Stefan would want you to sleep." I point out. "I can't leave him. He needs me." she says. "He isn't even conscious you can sleep for an hour or two." I say. She needs her sleep I'm just trying to help. "If that were Damon you wouldn't leave him! Don't deny it you're in love with him!" Elena yells. I glare at her. I'm not in love with him. Am I? I turn around and slam into someone's chest. Oh great Damon was listening. I roll my eyes at both of them and storm out. I get to the top of the stairs and slam the basement door once its closes I lean against it and try to breath. Am I in love with Damon Salvatore. I need to get my emotions together. I storm out of the house.
~~~~~~~~
I sit on my bed like I've been doing for the past hour watching some videos. My phone starts to ring interrupting my video. It was just getting interesting too. "What?" I answer. "Wanna come with me and Ric to Grove Hill?" Damon asks through the phone. "What's there?" I ask looking up from my bed out the window. "Are you in or not?" Damon asks. "Uh yeah sure." I say and rub my forehead. "Good we'll be there soon. Be ready." he says and hangs up. Goodbye to you too. I'm about to go downstairs when John is standing in the doorway acting all stalker like.

I gasp and put my hand over my heart. "Uncle John. You scared the hell out of me." I sorta chuckle. "I thought we could talk. We haven't got the chance to catch up." John says walking into my room. I glare at him. "I'm actually heading out so next time." I smirk and walk to the door. "It won't take long." he says grabbing my arm forcefully. Normally I would leave but I think I should be nice with him because he knows about Stefan and Damon and he could easily out them. "Okay what is it you want to talk about?" I ask shoving his arm away from his grip. Ouch. "I know you know." he says grabbing a picture of my parents. I sigh.