Chapter 16

Harry's POV

Almost four hours had passed by the time I finally got to ask something that had been bugging me since I had looked around at the familiar faces of my friends. "Where's Ron?"

"He's out with Hermione, dear." Mrs Weasley set another cookie on my plate and sat down next to me. "She’s still trying to bring him round the whole situation about you."

Oh. "How's it, uh, coming along?"

She sighed. "Not well. I'm so sorry, Harry, but I think it'll take a lot of work before he'll be able to be comfortable around you again. I guess it’s because it was all sprung on him so suddenly after everything ended... he just needs to clear his head out a bit."

I looked down at my knees, and everyone remained silent for a couple of seconds, obviously feeling bad for me. Finally Mrs Weasley changed the subject by asking me if I wanted to stay for lunch. As soon as she mentioned it, my stomach growled and my mouth watered at the idea of her cooking. Almost as soon as I was about to accept the offer, I remembered Draco, hanging around somewhere, invisible no doubt. He would be starving, too, and it wouldn't exactly be polite to eat a meal while he went without.

"No thanks, Mrs Weasley. I should probably be heading home now."

She smiled sadly at me. "Okay.  You'll visit again soon, though, won't you?"

"I will." I promised, and proceeded to say my goodbye's to the rest of the Weasley’s. When I reached Ginny, I pulled her into a hug and made her agree to keep me updated on everything that happened between her and Anthony. At the last minute, Mrs Weasley thrust some food in my hands and told me to take care of myself, which of course reminded Percy that he had a book about the wizarding war that had somehow already been written and published. I wasn't able to leave for another good half an hour, and when I did I was struggling to carry all the books, food and pranks from Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes that had been piled on to me.

I walked away from their house down the pathway, and Draco materialized beside me. He grabbed half of the junk that I had been given and reached for my hand so we could head home. Within two seconds we were back at our place, and I let the stack fall on to the kitchen table.

"That's a lot of stuff." His eyes scanned the table, which was almost completely covered in the various items I had been given

"Really Draco? I hadn’t noticed."

Draco stuck his tongue out at me, and I did the same to him. Before I knew it, we were pushing and shoving each other and laughing harder than I had in a while. Finally we calmed down, mostly due to the fact that it was nearing four o'clock and we were famished.

"What do you want to have for lunch? I'm a bit tired. How about one of those packages that you heat up in the thingy?"

"Microwave, Draco, and we do have all this you know." I gestured to the pile of food on the table.

He sighed. "I can’t cook."

“I had a muggle upbringing, I know all this stuff." I tried to block out images of when I had been forced to be a slave for the Dursleys.

"Well I guess I should start learning, right? My turn.” He picked up a pot of Mrs. Weasley's homemade soup. "What do you have to do to make this?"

I told him to just heat it up, since it had already been put together. He turned on the stove cautiously and poured some of the liquid in to a smaller pot, before pulling up a chair and waiting for it to boil.

I smiled. "It's going to take forever if you keep on staring at it like that. Maybe we should put away the rest of this stuff while we wait, as long as it gets stirred a bit while we work."