Chapter 5

Draco's POV

I had just finished heating up a pre-made meal in what muggles apparently called a 'microwave', and I have to say that it tasted absolutely disgusting. Every meal that I had ever had before in my life had been home-cooked, except for a couple that I had eaten while out with my friends, so the packaged meal seemed horribly tasteless. At the same time though, every meal I had eaten in my youth had been made by house-elves, and I had to admit that there was something satisfying about making your own meal, even if all it involved was putting it in a microwave.

Suddenly there was a shrill ringing from the living room. Frowning, I walked towards it, until I found the source of the sound; a black, long item, which was hooked on to it's holder by a cord. I tried to remember what it was called from my book... A phone! I picked it up, and after examining the buttons for a while, finally pressed the one that said 'talk'.

"Hello?"

"Oh, thank goodness I caught you," came a voice, which I recognized as Ms. Selkurt's. "I'm just calling to tell you that there's going to be a new tenant moving in with you."

"Okay," I said, instantly worried. How would I be able to hide my obvious confusion about muggle items if a muggle themself was living with me?

"His name is... Oh, what was it again.... How can I not remember Mione's friend's name..."

"It's okay, Ms. Selkurt. I'm sure I can ask him when he arrives."

"Yes, yes, that's probably a good idea... Well, I'll leave you to get settled in."

"Sounds good," I said. "Goodbye, Ms. Selkurt."

"Goodbye," she answered, and there was click on the other end. I put the telephone back in it's holder and sat back in my armchair. I had already unpacked the small amount of muggle clothing and items I had, so I pointed my wand at my finished meal and made it disappear. Hey, I might as well use as much magic as I could before I was living full-time with a muggle, right?

Almost as soon as it had vanished, there was a knock on the door. I quickly stuck my wand in my back pocket, frowning. My roommate couldn't have gotten here that quick, could they? Not even with those... What were they called, cars? I really needed to catch up on my understanding of muggle items.

I pulled myself up out of my armchair and walked towards the door. I pulled it open.

"Hi, I'm Harry Potter, and I guess you're my new-" he stopped abruptly when he finally looked me in the eye.

"Roommate, yeah," I said, smirking at him. "But I guess we can skip the introductions."

Inside, though, I was freaking out. Was I really going to have to put up with Potter for however long I lived here? My life-long enemy, sharing a house with me? I snorted inwardly. It was only going to be a matter of time before one of us murdered the other.

"Oh my god," the black haired boy muttered, "This cannot be happening."

"Well, at least we agree on one thing, roomie." I said, rolling my eyes. "Come in."

I stepped aside and he walked inside, making himself at home by dropping his bag on the floor and kicking off his shoes. I watched him sit down on the armchair that I had occupied before he had dropped in, and crossed my arms in annoyance.

He rolled his eyes, obviously reading my body language. "It's my house, too."

Not being able to disagree, I huffed and sat down on the couch across from him. "So what are you doing here, Potter?"

"I need a place to get away from the wizarding world until they calm down about my, er, announcement, so I came back into the muggle world, where nobody would know me." He rolled his eyes again. "Obviously it didn't work."

"Well, it didn't really work for me either," I exclaimed. "I'm trying to get away from the wizarding world, too, so I won't be in trouble for being a death eater, and what do I get? I'm stuck with the freaking Chosen One himself!"

Harry sighed. "Okay, let's make an deal. How about we agree not to contact any of our friends or family, that way both of our secrets are safe. And I promise that I won't turn you in for being a death eater."

I thought about it for a moment. "Fine. I won't talk to anybody I know from the wizarding world, and I won't give away your location to crazy, little gay guys that are obsessed with you."

His lips twitched upwards at that, but still maintained a mostly solemn expression.

"Or anybody else."

"Or anybody else." I agreed.

We shook on it, and then I decided to give him a tour of the house. The downstairs was pretty typical; kitchen, dining room, living room, and a bathroom. Upstairs there were two bedrooms - I had already claimed the bigger one, much to Potter's disappointment, but he seemed pretty satisfied with his own.

The rooms were next to each other, and suddenly something popped into my head. "Er, and try to be, um, quiet if you ever happen to, uh, bring any guys ba-"

"Yes, I got it," he answered hurriedly. "Um, same to you. Except with girls."

That's right. He didn't know that I, like him, was into guys. I contemplated whether to tell him or not, but finally decided against it. I didn't want him thinking that I had some sort of crush on him. I shook my head. No way was I going to let him think that he dazzled me or something, just because he was the wizarding hero.

"Uh, yeah." I finally agreed, a beat later than when I should have. He looked at me sort of weirdly, but seemed to shrug it off.

"Well, I'm going to go unpack," he announced, and summoned his bag from downstairs, where he had dropped it. I frowned at the tiny bag. How could he fit all his possessions in a bag that small.

Once again, he seemed to read my mind. Damn, he was good at that.

"Hermione put an extension charm on it."

I nodded, and he disappeared into his room.

This was going to take a while to get used to.

How'd you guys like it? Please vote and comment. :) 

~Raven~