Chapter 10

Harry's POV:

I woke up feeling insanely tired from walking so much yesterday, and my legs ached when I tried to stretch them. Sighing, I snuggled into the duvet and closed my eyes as everything came rushing back to me. We were staying in Disney for a WEEK. I had always sort of wanted to go, but that of course wasn't an option when I was living with the Dursleys.

Finally I sat up, and glanced at Draco, who was still fast asleep in his bed. He had sprawled across it, and his hair was a messy blond tangle. His lips were parted slightly.

The crush that I had on Draco during my years at Hogwarts had only intensified yesterday. Draco had taken to pulling on my hand every time he wanted to go somewhere, which was a lot, and then when we were walking, Draco would continue to hold my hand. I wasn't sure exactly what this meant. He seemed to be doing it absentmindedly, without really thinking about it. But did that mean that he liked me, too? Or was it just platonic.

He's just doing it as friends. I told myself. He's straight. Even if he WAS gay, or bisexual, he probably wouldn't like me. Stop overthinking it, Harry. It's not going to happen.

I forced myself to tear my eyes away from his face, and walk past his bed towards the bathroom. Most of the toiletries that I needed were already there, so I got ready and then changed into the clothes that I had worn the day before. Finally, Draco began to stir, and a couple minutes after I had finished, he was awake and blinking groggily at me.

"Morning," I said.

"Good morning, Harry," he mumbled back, stretching out across the bed. "God, I'm sore from all that walking."

"Me, too." I picked up a guidebook that was lying on the bedside table and flipped through it while he started brushing his teeth.

After I had looked through it, I turned to Draco. "So what do you want to do today?"

"Hbeiutwijeststehyherah?" He asked through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"What was that?" I asked, holding back a laugh.

He spit out his toothpaste. "How about we just stay here? I don't really feel like walking anymore, and I'm pretty sure the hotel has a pool. Plus, there's a TV so we can watch some more Disney."

It sounded like a pretty good idea, so I agreed. Draco finished getting ready, and then sat down next to me on the bed. "Well, if we're going to go swimming, we should probably get our bathing suits."

I nodded, and held out my arm to him. He grabbed it, and within a second we were back at our house in England.

We disappeared into our separate rooms. I stuffed a couple t-shirts and shorts into my suitcase, along with my bathing suit and a couple other necessities. Shutting the suitcase, I pulled it down the set of stairs, into the living room, where I had heard Draco in a couple of minutes before.

He was standing by the door, frowning at a newspaper. As soon as he saw me, though, he attempted to hide it behind his back.

"What's that?" I asked, glancing at it.

"Uh, nothing, really. Just, ah, The Daily Prophet. The owl somehow found me here. It's nothing."

He was obviously lying, but I decided to play along with it for now. "Oh, okay. What's the latest news?"

"Oh, um, you know, just a recap of the Hogwarts battle, talking about how you killed He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, stuff like that."

I didn't doubt that, but I knew that there was something that he was hiding from me.

"Cool," I said, trying to sound disinterested. "So, you done packing?"

"Not yet. I just need to grab something from upstairs..." he trailed off and started climbing the stairs. After I heard the door to his room open and close, I ran towards the abandoned paper. I unfolded it and scanned the articles.

The front page was, as Draco said, dedicated to the battle between Voldemort and I. But just beneath it, another blaring headline jumped out at me:

The Chosen One Is Homosexual

Harry Potter, long-adored hero of the Wizarding World, has recently made a startling announcement; he is not, as was believed before, straight.

"I'm just tired of pretending anymore." Potter said when he made the speech. "I'm gay."

This was news to even the closest of Potter's friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, who played major parts in the Wizarding War as well. Hermione Granger chose not to comment on the matter, but Ron Weasley was happy to give us some inside information.

"Harry Potter is a freak, just like anyone else who likes the same sex. He's unnatural, and doesn't deserve to be a Wizarding Hero. He pretended to like my sister, Ginny, for years, and doesn't care about how much he hurt her with this announcement.

"He didn't tell me anything about this, so I thought that he was normal. But he's not. He's a freak, and deserves to die."

What does this mean for Potter, then? Well, he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Another boy his age has run away, at about the same time; Draco Malfoy has yet to be seen in the Wizarding World, and some people believe these disappearances are connected.

"Harry likes guys, so he probably just kidnapped my Dracie-Poo and is using him for his needs." sobbed a distraught Pansy Parkinson. "Dracie loved me, so there would be no other reason that he left."

Are these two boys linked, and hiding together? Or are the disappearances simply coincidental? The Daily Prophet is determined to find out.

I had just finished reading as Draco came down the stairs. He stopped suddenly as soon as he came into the room, and stared worriedly at the newspaper in my hand. I finished reading, folded the newspaper back up, and stared at him.

Author's Note:

So, school has started again... I don't know how often I'll be able to update, but I'm going to try for at least once a week.

Once again, I really appreciate every single one of my readers. It would really help if you guys left me any feedback, with a comment or by private messages.

Love,

Raven