Chapter 4

Harry's POV

"Ron!" I called, approaching him. He sped up, but I was faster. I reached out and stopped him, and he whirled around to face me. I stopped dead at the cold look in his eyes.

"Don't bloody touch me, you faggot."

I reeled back as if he had punched me. "Don't call me that."

"What, faggot? It's true." he sneered at me, with a hate that was greater than anything Malfoy had ever shown to me.

"It's just... offensive." I said, quietly, looking at my friend.

"Well, maybe if you were normal someone might actually give a fu-"

"He is perfectly normal, Ronald Weasley!" interrupted a furious voice. Molly Weasley stood on the steps behind her son, glaring at him. "And don't let me hear you using that kind of language again!"

Ron stared sullenly at his mother, obviously not agreeing but too scared to say anything.

Molly turned to look motherly at me. I'm proud of you, Harry."

George Weasley came up behind her. "Me too. And Fred would be too." A tear slipped out from his eye, and Molly's smile wavered.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with all of you?" Ron burst out, unable to take it. "He's.. completely unnatural! He's a freak!"

The tentative smile that had begun to creep onto my face was diminished.

"Wizards call muggles freaks," Arthur Weasley cut in, looking at his son as if he had never truly seen him before. "Because they're different. Do you agree with that?"

"Well, if you put it that way, comparing it to faggots, yes!"

I whipped out my wand. This time he had gone too far; it reminded me too much of the prejudice Aunt Petunia had shown towards my mother, and the attitude that Voldemort had repeatedly expressed. This time, it wasn't just insulting me, it was insulting my mother as well.

"Stop it." I told him, pointing it straight at his forehead.

"You won't do it." he said confidently.

"I just killed Voldemort, didn't I?"

"That's different."

"How? You obviously agree with his ideas. 'Muggles are freaks because they're different'... that's Voldemort's philosophy totally. What will you say next, that muggle-borns are freaks too?" I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"No!" Ron sputtered, glancing at Hermione. "Of course not!"

"It sure sounded like it." she said cooly.

"No! Mione, you know that's not what I m-"

"Save it." She turned to me. "Harry, I think that you should get away from all this for a while, until it's old news. I know where you can stay."

"Okay, I guess." I answered. "Just let me do one thing."

"Sure." she nodded, looking a bit curious.

I smiled reassuringly at her, and then whirled around to punch Ron in the face. There was a satisfying crack as his nose broke, and when I pulled my fist back it was covered in blood. Hermione shook her head exasperatedly, but I couldn't help but notice a tiny smirk growing on her face.

"Come on." she pulled on my hand, and together we walked to the border of Hogwarts. I grabbed her arm, and within seconds I felt the now familiar feeling of being compressed in all directions.

We ended up outside a rather plain-looking house. The car in the driveway indicated to me that this was a muggle's house, and I looked at Hermione, confused.

"Honestly, Harry, don't you think? You need to get away from the wizarding world for a while until they calm down about the final battle. Where better to go than the muggle world? The woman who lives here used to be my babysitter... She owns a bunch of properties, and I'm sure she'll have an empty space you can live in."

"That sounds great." I smiled, looking forward already to months, possibly years of solitude. No hunting horcruxes, no worrying about grades, no being disturbed by the press. Maybe I'd even be able to find a muggle boyfriend who would both take my mind off a certain blonde Slytherin, and wouldn't know anything about me being the Chosen One. "What's this woman's name?"

"Amanda Selkurt." Hermione answered, strolling up the path and knocking on the door. I hurried after her, and waited next to her as she knocked on the door.

Finally an old woman came to the door. "Yes?" she asked, looking curiously at us.

"Hi, Ms. Selkurt." Hermione smiled easily at the woman.

"Oh, Hermione, dear! Come in!"

The woman led us into her house and offered us a seat in her living room. We accepted, and sat next to each other on the couch while she poured us a cup of tea and started reminiscing about the times she and Hermione had spent together. I sat awkwardly as they talked and laughed, taking the occasional sip of tea.

"Now, who is this young man?" asked Ms. Selkurt, glancing at me. "Your boyfriend, sweetie?"

"Oh, no." Hermione blushed. "No, not even close. We're just friends."

"That's what they all say, honey." smiled the woman knowingly.

"No, I'm actually looking for a place to stay," I started, "And Hermione told me that you had a couple good places I could rent."

"Oh, yes!" Ms. Selkurt beamed at me. "Yes, I certainly do! In fact, I was just looking for someone to move into one of my properties... Let me find a photograph..." She rummaged in a drawer for a couple minutes before pulling out a photo of a dark brown building made of bricks.

"That looks great, Ms. Selkurt," Hermione answered for me. "Are there any other residents there?"

"Yes, a young man just moved in there not too long ago... he seemed very nice, I'm sure you would get along. I can't remember his name for the life of me..."

"It sounds great," I said, "I'll take it."

An hour or two later, we had all the details worked out, and I left with the house key. Hermione walked me to the end of Ms. Selkurt's driveway, and then pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but I won't be able to visit you in your new house. It would be to risky... No doubt somebody would find out."

"It's okay. I'll be fine." I assured her. Giving me a watery smile, she kissed my cheek in goodbye and disapperated. I smiled at where she had just been standing, before doing the same myself.

Hope you guys liked it!!

~Raven~