Chapter 15

Draco's POV

I kind of eavesdropped on Harry's conversation with his friends.

I mean, it was never really said out loud that their conversation was a private one... So I preferred to think of it as just listening to one of my friends talk to someone.

It wasn't until they started talking about Harry being here on a date (or so the girl said) when I started to feel awkward, and realized that it probably wasn't very considerate to listen in. Still, I couldn't tear myself away. I had heard stories about this Lovegood girl... apparently she was loony or so people called her, but when she made observations she was usually right.

So what did that mean for us? She obviously had seen something in Harry that made it seem that we were dating; not just him liking me, but a mutual romantic relationship. Or at least, we were apparently on the way to dating.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and watched as Harry waved goodbye to his friends, and the couple continued down the path. I waited until they were out of sight before taking the spell off myself and walking out from the bushes on to the path.

He didn't look straight at me, obviously hoping that I hadn't heard anything. "Uh, ready to go?"

For his sake, I decided to play along. "Sure. So who were those people?"

"Luna and Neville." he smiled fondly. "Neville's been my friend since first year, though I didn't really appreciate him at first. He's in Gryffindor, too. I only met Luna in fifth year, though. She's in Ravenclaw, and is a bit strange, but she's an amazing friend."

"Did they fight with you in the final battle?"

"Yeah. And in fifth year, too, when we went to the ministry. They were in the DA with me."

I thought back to when I was fifteen. "That secret club that Umbridge hated?"

He laughed. "Yeah, I guess. But it was more a study group than a 'club'. And if I remember right, you were one of Umbridge's minions."

"Not a minion." I muttered.

"Anyway, it ended when one of the members told Umbridge everything. We kind of got our revenge though: Hermione put a curse on the parchment so that if anyone told, they'd get the word 'sneak' on their forehead in boils."

I raised my eyebrows. "Never really thought she was the type to do that kind of thing."

"She can be pretty rebellious if she wants to." He smiled. "Remember third year? She slapped you."

"I remember." I said feebly. My face hurt just thinking about it: the girl had quite a strong arm.

"Yeah." he sighed, and I remembered our deal that he couldn't talk to her. I felt horrible.

Suddenly, an idea sprung up in my head. Why couldn't I let him to see her? I had let him talk to Luna and Neville, after all. Why couldn't he meet Hermione for a couple minutes?

I smiled and grabbed his arm. He looked at me, confused, but he didn't have time to say anything: we were already flying through space and within a second we were standing in front of a house that was so tall and wobbly, it was hard to believe that it hadn't collapsed yet.

"The Burrow." Harry gasped looking at the house and then back to me. "Wha-"

"Hermione should be here. Luna and Neville said that she was talking to Ron, after all."

"But... our deal..."

"It's off, as long as you don't mention me."

His eyes sparkled bright green and he impulsively hugged me. I hugged him back automatically, not even thinking about it. When he pulled back, he smiled at me and ran up to the doorway of the house. I performed a disillusionment charm on myself once again and walked up beside him. He glanced slightly in my general direction then remembered the agreement and fixed his eyes on the door once again, grinning widely.