Chapter 2

Harry's POV

Immediately the buzzing of voices erupted around me. Reporters began scribbling down my words while onlookers murmured amongst themselves, looking around to see how everyone else was taking the news. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco pause and glance towards me. I quickly turned away from his gaze, but I wasn't quick enough to miss seeing him shake his head to himself and continue walking.

My heart sank quickly. He obviously disapproved of my sexuality. But what had I expected, seriously? For him to suddenly realize that he, too, was gay, and to confess his undying love to me. I snorted. As if. To him, we were still enemies, and this was just another fault of mine that he could taunt me about.

"Harry?" a voice called from the crowd called. "Is it... true?"

Ginny Weasley. Of course. I knew that she had been expecting for us to get back together, but now I had completely eliminated that hope for her. Catching her eye, I nodded apologetically.

Instead of the tears I had been expecting, Ginny ran up to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry. I should have, I don't know, asked if you were gay while we were dating or something! That was so selfish! I was probably holding you back from dating some guy that you really liked but because you were so nice you just stayed with me and..." she rambled.

Surprised at her reaction, I hugged her back and patted her back reassuringly. "It's okay. I honestly do like you Ginny, just not... like that. And don't worry about... I didn't really like anyone specific at that time anyways, so you weren't holding me back."

Of course, I had liked Draco during our relationship, but as much as I trusted Ginny, I didn't feel comfortable enough yet to tell her that the guy I liked was the same guy that had teased us endlessly for over seven years. And it wasn't like he would have glanced at me, anyways, while we were dating, so she definitely hadn't been 'holding me back'.

"Oh, okay, then." Ginny sighed, relieved, and then looked back at me. "Do Ron and Hermione know?"

I shook my head, and she widened her eyes at me. "Well, you better prepare to tell them, because they're on the way here right now." She pointed towards the castle, where Ron and Hermione were walking casually down to meet me. Their relaxed poses told me that they hadn't heard the news yet, but as I watched reporters for the Daily Prophet swarmed them.

The reporters spoke to them for a while, and soon worry became evident on my friends' faces. Pushing their way out of the crowd, they ran across the green grass to meet me.

When they arrived, Ron immediately began to talk. "Can you believe those reporters? They actually believed that you were gay, Harry!" he snorted. "As if. I mean, you're standing right here with your girlfriend."

Hermione shook her head. "Rita Skeeter, probably. I knew I should have kept her in a cage with I had the chance."

"I'm not his girlfriend." Ginny explained to Ron hurriedly, glancing at me. I took a deep breath.

"And it's true."

"What, that Ginny's not your girlfriend? Well, she isn't right now, but give it a couple weeks and you'll be snogging all the-" Ron began, winking at me, but I cut him off.

"No, that I'm gay."

Ron looked around at all our faces, comprehending but not wanting to believe it. Ginny glared at him, obviously trying to tell him to just accept it, but Ron wasn't looking at her. He stared at me for what seemed like eternity, before turning on his feet and storming off.

My eyes followed him as he ran angrily back across the castle grounds. Hermione watched him, too, until he was out of sight, and then turned to me.

"Well, I think it's great."

"Really?"

She nodded. "The Chosen One being gay is a great way for people to learn to accept it. Plus, I've kind of liked to read slash fanfics, so this is like a story come to life."

"Er... What?" asked Ginny, obviously confused.

Hermione giggled. "Slash fanfics are stories written by fans of a muggle series or movie, about two guys in the story falling in love. I could show you sometime."

"My dad would probably love it." smiled Ginny.

"Some of them aren't so... appropriate." blushed Hermione, looking at her feet.

I gaped at her. "You've been reading books about two guys doing, um, inappropriate stuff?"

Hermione's face turned even redder. "They were good stories, okay?"

Ginny and I burst out laughing at her embarrassment. Hermione shoved us playfully on the shoulder, and we started walking up the grounds together. I was glad that they had been so accepting, but I had a feeling that Ron would pose a bigger challenge.