Chapter 12

Harry's POV

Well, it looks like I'm officially stuck with Draco.

Not that I minded, really. After all, I had a massive crush on him... but how on earth was I going to keep it secret from him? He wasn't gay, so I couldn't just tell him without making our relationship strained and awkward, but he knew I was, so he'd have to notice something, wouldn't he?

I began to dig through my suitcase, looking for my bathing suit. Draco apparated on the other side of the room, his swimsuit already in his hand.

"Not very organized, are you, Potter?" he said jokingly. It startled me to hear him call me 'Potter' again, but it was different from when he had called me 'Potter' at Hogwarts... Now it was almost a friendly nickname.

"Whatever, Malfoy," I answered, smiling at him and holding up my bathing suit. "You ready to go?"

We changed into our bathing suits and made our way down to the pool. I spent most of the time trying to avert my eyes from Draco's bare chest, but it didn't exactly work; sometimes he look at me and wink as I quickly looked away.

He didn't seem to be homophobic at all, something I would have expected of him. After all, he was so prejudiced against everyone else who wasn't like him; muggle-borns, muggles, Gryffindors, etc. Unless he WAS like me, and that's why he wasn't homophobic...

'No." I told myself. 'Don't lie to yourself. You'll just get your hopes up."

The pool was amazing after the pressing heat of Florida. I was in within seconds, but Draco stayed near the edge, slowly edging his way deeper. I rolled my eyes.

"Come on! It's nice when you get used to it."

"It's freezing," he informed me, standing on his toes so that the water didn't touch his stomach.

I laughed and splashed some water towards him. It didn't reach far enough to actually get him wet, but he shrieked all the same, and backed up.

"Don't even think about it," he warned, glaring at me.

I grinned and started walking towards him. His eyes widened and he ran backwards, towards the wall, trying to convince me to stop. I ignored him and splashed him just a little bit.

Eventually, he decided that he should just get it over with, and dove into the pool. When he came back to the surface, water dripping from his hair, he send a wave of water towards me as payback, which of course sparked a water fight. About half an hour later we got out of the water, soaked from head to toe.

We dried off and headed back to our room. Draco put one of the Disney movies we had bought into the DVD player, and we both lay in our beds, watching the animated characters dance on the screen and resting. I fell asleep after a couple minutes, having already seen the movie.

About an hour and a half later, Draco shook me awake and asked if I wanted to eat something for lunch. Still a bit groggy, I nodded and sat up slowly. He was sitting at the end of my bed, examining a map. I slid down next to him, and he pointed out the buffet that was right in our hotel. Both of us didn't really feel like going on a bus to any other resteraunt nearby, so we chose that one.

I put on some jeans and a ratty grey t-shirt that I'd had forever, and slid on my shoes. Draco, too, changed into muggle clothes... Something I was still getting used to. I was accustomed to seeing him in the Hogwarts robes, but I had to admit that he looked really good in the tight shirt and black pants he was wearing.

We had to wait a long time to get a seat at the buffet, but it was worth it. The food was amazing: there was everything from seafood to soup to sandwiches to pasta. The room itself was extremely fancy. The walls were painted a light pink, with huge chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a ornamental white trim on the doors. I felt significantly underdressed.

"This is almost better than the food at Hogwarts," Draco said, biting into his meal.

"Almost." I smiled at him, but looked away quickly.

After we finished our meal, we went back for dessert. I watched in astonishment as Draco took one of everything, and then went back for seconds.

"You're going to get sick," I told him, eating the slice of pie that I had chosen.

"No, I'm not. I have a special talent for eating a ton of sweets without getting a stomach ache," he said through a mouthful of cake.

I shook my head and finished my pie. I used my blue card to pay for the food while Draco shoveled the rest of his food into his mouth, and then we left together. We went back to our hotel room and sat down on our beds.

"So, what do you want to do next?" he asked.

"Well, we already went swimming and watched a movie... Do you want to play a board game?"

"Like Wizard Chess?"

"Kind of, except from the muggle world. They have a lot more selection."

"Good. I'm horrible at Wizard Chess."

"Me too." I admitted. "Ron hates playing against me because I'm not a big enough challenge."

Draco was quiet for a bit, and then asked, "Do you miss him? Apart from the fact that... Well, what he told the Daily Prophet."

"Of course," I told him. "Ron's my best friend."

He nodded, and then changed the subject. "So what game are we playing?"

Author's Note:

A little bit late for this update... I usually update on Saturdays, but I kind of forgot this week, so I was lying awake at like 2 AM this morning when I realized that I DIDN'T UPDATE... so I had to quickly write this today. Sorry if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes, I didn't really have time to edit it (not that I really do anyways).

Like I say every time, PLEASE vote and comment, I really want to know what I'm doing right or wrong. Don't be afraid to criticize me, because I really want to get better.

And about the teacher thing: no, I haven't said anything to her. I'm kind of just avoiding her and 'forgetting' every time she asks me. :/ And thanks for your support, the person that told me that they laughed when they read that. ;)

Love,

Raven