Chapter 8

Harry's POV

Draco was on a sugar rush.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone eat so much candy in so little time. He was acting as though he had just drank ten firewhiskeys - utterly crazy. I ate my fair share, too, of course, but Draco had ate his way through 90% of what I didn't eat. We were currently watching Peter Pan, one of the DVD's he had bought, and he was shouting at the TV.

"No, Wendy! Don't walk the plank! He's not going to come!"

"She can't hear you." I told him, but he, of course, ignored me.

"No, no, NO!" he cried as she walked off. "Wait... What? HE CAME!"

He started jumping up and down like a five-year-old. "He came, he came, he came, he came..."

I couldn't help but laugh. He looked at me strangely before sitting back down on the couch and once again becoming engrossed in the film. After a couple more minutes Tinkerbelle made the boat fly Wendy, John and Michael back to London, and the movie ended. Draco clapped happily before getting to his feet, shouting "OFF TO NEVERLAND!" and running to the door.

Then, suddenly, he looked at me, and asked seriously: "Do you think that I could apparate to Neverland?"

"Probably not, seeing as it doesn't exist."

"Oh." he pouted. Then a small smile crept on to his face and he held out his arm for me. "Wanna try?"

"Um, try what?" I asked, confused. Draco shook his head, as if I had disappointed him by not knowing.

"Try going to Neverland, of course!"

I didn't think that trying to apparate to a place that didn't exist was a very good idea, so I suggested going to Disney World, Florida instead. Draco agreed, so we linked arms and -poof- appeared in Florida, Cinderella's castle looming ahead of us. The sun pretty much blinded me; it was the middle of the day here, a huge difference from England. There were security guards at the entrance, who seemed to be scanning cards, so I inconspicuously pulled out my wand and made two cards of my own appear: one for me and one for Draco.

I handed him his, and we waited in line until it was our turn for the blue cards to be scanned. Once we were in, Draco began  jumping around like a five year old child.

"Can we go see Peter Pan? And Micky Mouse?"

"Sure," I agreed, smiling. The magical feeling of being in Disney was already starting to creep over me, too... after all, it was my first time being here, too.

Draco dragged me over to the stand where maps were being handed out, and I unfolded the colourful piece of paper so that we could both look at it.

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked.

"I don't know... what about 'Under the Sea, Journey of the Little Mermaid'?" he read, pointing it out on the map for me. I led the way through the crowded streets, and before long we were standing in line.

The line moved quickly, and before long we were taking our seats in a giant seashell. When the ride started, there was a whirring sound as the seashell jerked forward and then moved smoothly forward, spinning so that we could see the displays of Ariel and her friends. The air was cool inside, a big difference from the humid heat outdoors, and I found myself relaxing into the seashell.

As soon as our seashell slowed to a stop, Draco was already standing up. He grabbed me hand and pulled me to my feet as well, asking what I wanted to do next.

I glanced at the  map again, and eventually chose Space Mountain. I had heard some of Dudley's friends talk about it after they went to Florida, and it sounded like it was pretty awesome. We navigated our way through the crowd once more, and finally we were at the gate.

The lineup for Space Mountain was much longer than the one for the Little Mermaid. Leaning up against the dividers, I decided to talk to Draco about Hogwarts.

"So, why were you always so rude at Hogwarts?" Instantly I grimaced. That came out much harsher than I wanted it to, and I didn't really want to ruin the trip.

Draco didn't seem that offended, though. "I guess I was just really mad that you didn't want to be my friend in our first year, so I decided that I would make fun of anyone you did befriend. I never really had anything against We-- Ron or Hermione specifically, it was just that I was... jealous, I guess."

I was astonished. "Really?"

He glanced at me, a small smile on his face. "Really."

"Well, sorry, I guess. You just reminded me of my cousin Dudley when I first saw you, and I didn't really want any more people like Dudley in my life. But now you don't seem like that at all," I said, remembering how excited Draco had been once we first got inside the gates of Magic Kingdom.

"What's Dudley like?"

"He's a bit spoiled," I said, quickly looking over at Draco to make sure that I hadn't offended him. He didn't look offended, so I continued. "He never let me have anything that I wanted, he liked beating me up for fun, and he was always making fun of me."

"That's horrible." Draco looked down. "I always kind of wanted some sort of family my age; a brother, or cousin, or sister... but I would have hated if they had that kind of personality. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I smiled inwardly. Who would have thought that I would ever heard Draco say "I'm sorry" or feel sympathetic towards my childhood?

 We then lapsed into silence for the rest of the wait, but I didn't mind it so much.

Author's note:

I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS! I'm a horrible person, I know. I procrastinate way to much.

I got my iPad taken away, which sucked because I do most of my writing on it, and I don't like writing on the family computer because I always feel like someone is reading over my shoulder. So that's my lame excuse for this time.

 Well, I'll try to work quicker next time... for now though, here's the eighth chapter. :)

Love,

Raven