Chapter 14

Harry's POV:

I woke to blinding sunlight shining through the window... straight into my eyes. Groaning, I rolled over and buried my face into my pillow. Unfortunately, I remembered the night before only too well. The memory of breaking down and telling Draco everything was crystal-clear in my mind... and now he was gone, and I was alone in the muggle world once again.

I forced myself to roll out of head and stumble down the carpeted stairs, into the kitchen, where I made myself a coffee and a greasy breakfast, trying to ignore the fact that my head felt as though my brain was repeatedly banging itself against my scull. As I was cooking, I noticed Draco's stash of candy piled up beside the fridge. He must've forgotten it. Great. Now he was going to have to come back to get it (knowing his obsession with sweets, he wouldn't leave it willingly)... I just hoped that he would sneak in sometime when I wasn't around, so there wouldn't be any awkward encounters.

I dry swallowed a Tylonel for my headache and picked up my cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Harry," came Draco's voice from the kitchen doorway.

My cup slid from my hands and shattered on the floor.

"Shit," I said, reaching for my wand, but Draco beat me to it.

"Reparo," he said, waving his wand lazily.

"Thanks," I muttered. "Uh, your candy's over there."

"What?"

"You forgot your candy when you left."

He frowned, but then seemed to realize what I was saying, and laughed. "I didn't leave, Harry. You're not going to get rid of me that easily."

"But... What I told you..." I started.

"I really don't care, Harry," he said, and then winced. "Sorry. What I meant is that I don't like you back, but I'm not going to leave just because you don't like me. I'm your friend now, and it's going to take a lot more to get me to leave. I mean, I'll go if you want me to..."

"I don't," I whispered, relieved.

He grinned. "Great. Now finish your breakfast so we can decide what we want to do today."

*******

"So, are there any other muggle things that I need to know now that I'm living here?" he asked, spearing a slice of bacon off of my plate and chewing it.

I thought for a moment. "You've seen movies, gone shopping, gone to freaking Disney... I think you're pretty well rounded. Umm, do you want to go on a walk or something? It's not really a strictly muggle thing to do, but it's still more mugglish than apperating everywhere you go."

"Sounds good," Draco picked up my plate and dumped it in the sink. I winced at the clattering.

"Right, you're hungover." he laughed.

"Yeah." I said sullenly, not appreciating his humour.

"Don't you know how to cure it?"

"I took a Tylonel." I informed him. He chuckled.

"No, I mean like the spell."

"Ohh," I said, feeling stupid. "No, I didn't take that class. Hermione did, though, so I mostly just asked her when I needed to be healed or cured."

He stood up. "Well, luckily for you, I took it." He pulled out his wand and recited a long spell. I sat there awkwardly as he spoke, enjoying the feeling of the symptoms slowly being lifted away.

When he was done, we slid on our shoes and walked out the door. It wasn't until we were at the sidewalk when we realized we had no idea where we wanted to go. We debated over a forest or a city for a while, but eventually I won out, and we decided to go for a hike in some woods a couple of hours away. Draco was about to disapperate right then and there, but I grabbed his arm.

"Not yet," I warned, nodding to the muggles across the street. "Don't you think they'll notice we randomly disappeared?"

"Ohhh..." He said slowly, nodding. "Right."

I let go of his arm, blushing slightly. We stood silently for a bit while the muggles, a couple about 25 years old, passed. Then Draco linked arms with me and within a second we had arrived at the outskirts of a very green forest. There was a beaten path right ahead of us, so we started down the dirt trail into the forest.

"This reminds me of first year," Draco said. "Remember that detention?"

I thought back, and then laughed. "Remember screaming and running away when you saw Voldemort drinking the unicorn's blood?"

He stopped dead in his tracks. "Wait. That was Voldemort?"

I stared at him. "You didn't know?"

"No!" he exclaimed. "Gross! Why would he drink freaking blood?"

"Immortal life, remember?" I smirked at his appalled expression.

"Still," he muttered. "Disgusting. And how did I not know that it was Voldemort? Nobody tells me anything."

"You sound like a little kid," I told him. He stuck out his tongue at me, only proving my point.

We continued deeper into the forest, and had been walking for about half an hour when we heard other voices. Draco and I continued along the path, thinking that it was just a few muggles going for a hike. It wasn't until we were almost in view of the people when I recognized their voices.

"It's Neville and Luna." I said, stopping in my tracks and looking over at Draco.

"Do you want to talk to them?" he asked.

I thought about it. "Well, yeah. They're my friends, and I don't think that they're going to tell anyone in the Wizarding World where I am. But you don't want to be found, so I don't have to talk to them."

He laughed. "Go on." I watched as he performed a quick disillusionment charm on himself, and faded into the background.

I continued walking down the path until I was face to face with my friends.

"Harry!" Neville said, his eyes lighting up.

"Hi, Neville." I smiled. "Hey, Luna."

"Hello, Harry." Luna tucked her long blonde hair behid her ear. "Neville took me to this forest so we could search for crumple-horned snorkacks together." She smiled softly up at him and grabbed his hand. He flushed slightly and dimpled.

"You guys are together, then?" I asked.

Neville nodded, a wide grin on his face. "This is our second date."

"Congratulations," I said.

"Thanks, Harry." Luna tore her gaze away from her boyfriend and focused her gaze on me. "Hermione told me that you weren't talking to her?"

"Uh, yeah." I scratched my head. "It's, um, kind of complicated. How is she, by the way?"

"Good. A bit stressed." Neville shook his head. "She's talking some sense into Ron."

"Well, if you see her again, tell her I'm sorry that I can't talk to her. And Ron, too, if he's calmed down a bit."

"Will do."

"Harry," Luna said, glancing around, "Why are you here? People normally don't come this far for a walk by theirselves... Are you here on a date, too?"

"No! No, I'm just, ah, here... By myself, I guess. I just thought I should get some exercise."

"You're lying." Luna informed me with her typical frankness. "You are here on a date, aren't you?"

"No, I'm really not." Usually she was a bit more correct with her observations.

"Where is he?" she looked around again.

"Luna..." I sighed.

She looked at me. "You are. And if you haven't really made it official out loud, you're on the way to dating the person you're here with. I can see it by your body language."

"My body language?"

She nodded. "Daddy made me learn it when I was little. He told me it would help me know who my real friends are."

"Well, we should probably be going." Neville said, tugging gently on Luna's hand.

"Bye, Harry. Have a good time on your date!"

"Not a date," I muttered as they walked past me. Luna just winked at me, and waved again.

Author's Note:

This chapter is dedicated to my first friend from the UK, Amarah. :)

I couldn't resist adding a bit of Nuna... I love them together. That is the one change the movies made that I actually liked. I also wanted Luna to kind of guess that Draco/Harry were together (or close to getting together), because she's usually pretty close to the mark when she makes her observations (except for the ones about Nargles and Crumple-horned Snorkacks).

Love,
Raven