The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] Epilogue

Reed P.O.V      -      9 months later

I woke up to the sound of excited voices downstairs in my living room. A yawn escaped my lips and I stretched, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was no longer a high school student I’d graduated. I was going to be a college student, in California to be precise. I was excited to be going to CU. I just had to get this god awful summer over with first.

I’d grown about 2 inches over the last couple months. I passed my exams, all very well. I walked into my bathroom; the chatter from downstairs was getting louder as Janine got more excited. I had a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I walked into my wardrobe, and pulled on some really skinny black jeans.

They were the only clean jeans I had; I pulled on my Ben 10 t-shirt (hey it’s not at all childish) and my blue vans. I left my hair; I’d added some red streaks into it, as part of my rebellion over the start of senior year. Leah put red highlights in her hair at the same time, for a while we matched, until she went green. I put my iPhone in my pocket and money in my other pocket.

I reached over and grabbed my car keys; if Dom and Janine were having guests I was so out of here. It was awkward enough in our household as it was. I walked down the stairs and saw suitcases sitting at the bottom of the step. So their guest was coming to stay. I frowned where were they going to sleep? I followed Dom’s fake laugh to the living room.

Janine looked happy and Gemma was standing there, Ben at her side. They were still going strong, I was exceptionally happy for them. It had been a year and a half they’d been going out, Ben came home every weekend to see Gemma and now she was going to the same college as him. I could see them easily spending the rest of their lives together.

Claire hadn’t had a good year, her mum moved away with her boyfriend so Claire pretty much went off the rails, drinking, drugs she had a DUI under her belt and an ASBO. She wasn’t going to college, she was just going to drink and drug her life away. I almost felt sorry for her; she was such a pretty girl. Liam had done his community service; I didn’t know what he was doing with his life now.

Alison and her son Drew were happy. She was engaged to the kid’s dad, Nathan. I was very happy for her. I didn’t talk to her that much but she’d invited me to the wedding, I guess she felt it made up for her telling everyone I was lying about the pill thing at school. But whatever the reason I was glad to be included.

My friends were coming to CU with me. Yep you got it, me, Zeke, Kelly and Leah the frightening foursome were all attending the same university. I was so excited to start it was going to be amazing. A new change of scenery somewhere where I hadn’t been before, where the memories weren’t imprinted in every piece of furniture. Where being in my room wouldn’t be painful.

 A tall blond guy stood in the middle of the living room his back to me. I froze my eyes immediately recognising those shoulders. My mouth went dry and my feet stopped moving. He must have heard my footsteps because he turned around, a smug smile on his face when he saw me.

“Hello Reed”

“Jack?” I croaked out.

“Did you miss me?”

I couldn’t answer all I could do was stare, I hadn’t heard or seen him for 9 months and now here he was standing in front of me. I thought I’d got over it, got over him, but clearly I hadn’t. 9 long solid months later and he still had a hold on me. I couldn’t breathe, he was here Jack was here. But I couldn’t let him see how happy that made me.

My eyes racked over his body, his face, his lips, 9 months was a long time and my memories hadn’t done him justice. He was beautiful he was perfect, and he was here. I shivered and my stomach was full of fluttery butterflies. I more than missed Jack, I still fucking loved him, and I wanted him, I wanted him right now.