The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [31]

Jack P.O.V

“YOU CAN’T ADOPT REED!” I yelled out. My mum took a step back startled.

“Why not? Give me a good reason why not Jack?”

“Because…” I took a deep breath looking at them individually, I caught Amy’s eye and she smiled at me showing me the thumbs up I grinned back at her. I turned back towards my friends and family.

“Why not Jack?” my mum repeated.

“Because I’m fucking him”

There was a gasp and then a stony silence. And then more silence, I looked around and everyone was looking at me with a different expression. Amy’s was proud. Liam’s was angry. Gemma’s was hurt. Dom’s was disgusted. Ben’s was confused. And my mum’s hers was disappointed. That hurt more than anything, the disappointment I could read in her eyes.

I looked away from her eyes, I could almost hear what she was thinking, that I ruined everything, that I was selfish. That somehow I always managed to cause her stress and mess things up for her. But it’s not like I didn’t this sort of stuff intentionally, I just sought of happened you know. You can’t choose whom you like or who there father is; I didn’t want to come in her and Dom’s way. But I couldn’t let them do it.

“I’m not just fucking him, he’s also my boyfriend. We are together,” I said clearly so everyone could understand what I was saying. And then it all kicked off.

Gemma lunged at me, her sharp acrylic nails scratched at my exposed chest, Ben grabbed her by her waist and pulled her away from me, but she was still shouting and trying to fight. My mum started yelling at me, and Dom was yelling at her trying to get her to calm down. Liam didn’t say anything but his face remained angry.

“Guys it’s not a big deal calm down” Amy said “Oh Jack, tell them how you didn’t go on a sabbatical, you went to San Francisco to get Reed back because that Zeke guy was trying to steal him from you”

“WHAT!” Gemma screeched.

“What’s with all the noise?” I spun around upon hearing his voice; I smiled at the sight of his tousled hair, and topless body. Like me he was just wearing joggers, in fact he was wearing my joggers. And he looked as sexy as hell in them.

“Reed we are going home right now!” Dom hissed, walking over to grab Reed’s arm. Instinctively, I stepped in front of Reed at the same time Reed stepped towards me. Dom looked at me shocked, my poker face was on and I sure as hell wasn’t going to back down.

“How long?” Gemma chocked out “How long have you been…”

“I don’t know a couple months,” I said without thinking. My eyes still locked on Dom.

“A couple… so you cheated on me?! With my own brother! How could you, you fucking pig! I hate you both” Gemma yelled. I turned towards her, upset that I’d hurt her.

“Gemma I’m so sorry” Reed whispered.

“Is he… was he the one you… is it Jack? Did you leave me for Jack?” Gemma asked Reed, the tears flowing freely down her face.

I looked at Reed and saw he was crying to, and my heart just broke. I hated seeing those tears on his face. His face was to perfect to have tears on it. He nodded and Gemma dropped to the floor, hugging her knees to her chest and bawling. Ben crouched down in front of her trying to make her feel better. I felt guilty, I felt stupid now was not the time for my confession.

I should have realised it would hurt Gemma. My mum rushed over to Gemma then falling on her knees in front of her holding Gemma to her, now I felt like an extremely sucky brother. A sucky selfish stupid brother. I took a step towards my sister but Ben stopped me from going near her. I just glared at him.