The Quarterback's Gigolo [boyxboy] [26]

Jack P.O.V

I sat on the plane, getting annoyed that it was taking so long to take off, my phone lay switched off in my roughly packed hand luggage. My mum and sister had been ringing it like crazy; it was getting annoying so I just turned it off. I would answer their calls when I had Reed safely in my arms. A smile crept up on my face, when I imagined his expression when he saw me.

Just then the captain made an announcement, we put our belts on, and the plane started moving down the runway. I jiggled my knee impatiently, just wanting to hurry up and be in San Francisco already. As the plane climbed through the air, my grip on the hand rest got much tighter; I’d forgotten how much I hated taking off.

I’ve always feared that the plane wont make it on time, and that we were just going to triangle and drop back down. I took out my iPod and put the headphones in the correct ear. I turned my music up full volume and sat back closing my eyes. The plan was to sleep the flight and then go find Reed, tell him I was stupid and that Zeke wasn’t the one for him.

Content I smiled, and settled in for a good sleep, I could let my brain recharge. What felt like 5mins later I was being prodded awake, I looked round confused, we were still flying why was I being woken up. I looked at the girl sitting next to me, I yawned and stretched in the little space I had.

“Why did you wake me?” I asked my throat thick with sleep.

“Your foods been sitting here a while, I thought you might be hungry” she said innocently.

I nodded she was right I was hungry “Thank you” I said as I picked up the packet of cutlery and inspected my food. Basic chicken and airplane mash potato. I shrugged it was something, maybe when I was in San Francisco Reed could show me the good places to eat.

“So you travelling by yourself?” she asked me.

I nodded because my mouth was full of food. When I swallowed I turned to her. “Why are you heading to San Francisco?” I asked her.

“I’m an artist, one of my pieces is being exposed at Reed Sparrows exhibition. You know it?”

I grinned “Yeah I heard about that exhibition, I was going to check it out myself whilst I was here”

“Really what’s your favourite piece?”

I thought back to the art room, where Reed showed me his work for the first time. That was the only piece of his I’d seen. I mean I’d caught him doing little pictures but he hadn’t showed me if he’d been working on anything bigger and better than the picture of my sister. I wondered if it was in the exhibition. I glanced back at the girl; she was looking at me waiting.

“What’s your name?” I asked her.

“Amy” she answered confused.

“Amy, my favourite painting is the one he did of my sister, blond hair blue eyes. I’m sorry I don’t know the name of the painting”

Her mouth popped open and she stared at me like I had all of a sudden risen to an A list celebrity. I raised my eyebrow at her, watching her study my face. I felt a blush coming, and I looked away from her intense gaze.

“Your Jack” she whispered.

I nodded. “Yeah”

“Wow it’s so nice to meet you, you and Zeke, you know Reed’s boyfriend, must be his favourite muses, and I can see why you’re both hot”

“Reed painted pictures of me?”

“Yeah, a whole album dedicated to you, he called it ‘Gigolo’ I don’t understand, do you get it?”