( Bonus Included ) Chapter Eighteen: Awakening

Hello all~ :3

Today, I'll write up chapter Eighteen. I'll also write up a short profile of the characters at the end, just for kicks and confirmations. Who knows? Maybe you'll learn something new in this chapter! So hang in there, and enjoy!

P.S: If you like this so far, you should check out SoenXneos's story "Limits" as well. It's really good and worth reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I need a status report." 

"Heartbeat is stable. Breathing patterns steady. Checking for injuries...Right second rib, fractured. No other major wounds have been spotted. Checking for a pulse and responsive behaviour."

Responsive?

"Doctor, he's begun to stir. We need more sedative."

"Leave him."

"Doctor, if we don't do this he may take offense--"

"Want to...see...him..."

The words tore painfully through my throat. It was difficult to breathe, let alone think. I opened my eyes.

Lab coats...Medical gloves...Very blurry, but recognizable.

"Doctor, the specimen has woken up. If he's not sedated now, he'll--"

Sedated? What in the world...

No time to think. Something in my gut told me that whatever this was, it was bad.

"I WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN!" I screamed, the rawness of my voice making me wince.

I yanked on the leather restraints of the cold, metal chair, squirming this way and that. I tasted metal in the back of my throat. Blood.

"LET ME GO! LET ME--MMMMPH!"

A mask was placed over my mouth, silencing my screaming. A funny smell. Sedative.

I knew this smell all too well. Don't breathe in. Hold your breath.

"Mmmmmph!" I screamed aganst the mask, violently thrashing in the chair that held me prisoner. I thrashed and thrashed, until the rough side of the leather burned at my wrists, painfully tearing off layers of delicate skin.

This was all for him. I wanted to see him. One last time, at least. Before the medicine kicked in.

A fog clouded over my brain, turning my screams into incoherent mumbles.

"Doctor, let him go!" A woman's voice cried out in a broken sob.

Amberlynn?

"Doctor, please!"

"I can't do that. He's too valueable to lose, and even if he managed to get to him again, he would only lose his memory of him afterward."

"Doctor!"

"VI!" I screamed, knocking the mask onto the floor. One of the restraints had stretched, leaving my right hand free.

A familiar redhead came rushing towards me with a pocketknife. Oh god. Oh god I was going to be punished I was going to die oh god oh god...

"Get away!" I screamed at the girl, lashing out for something--anything to defend myself with. "Go away! Go away!"

A faint ripping sound, and I could suddenly feel the air soothing the wounds of my right wrist. I turned around to see her, smiling. She had set me free. But...Why? Questions swam in my head, drowning out my main objective. I stared at the girl blankly. My mind couldn't grasp why she was helping me. She just...was.