Chapter Eight B: And so the Truth Reveals Itself...

After a quick shower and a walk around the building, I decided to pay a visit. It had been forever since I last saw Amber. Or Washington, for that matter. I decided to pay the redhead a visit first. Wash would have to wait, as I had some questions about Patient 403, who was supposedly her brother...Or so I was told. I came across her room, isolated from any other rooms in the building besides the Janitor's Closet. Hesitating, I knocked first, hoping she wasn't busy. 

"Hello? Thought I'd drop in for a--" 

"--JOSHYYYYY~~!" 

The small bundle of black haired energy ran at me, tackling me on impact and tugging me towards the center of the room. There I saw Amber, sitting cross legged on the floor with a few grade school textbooks. Wash was sitting across from her, lolling his head back in boredom. 

"You? And Wash? In the same room?" I asked in surprise, absently wrapping my arms around Emily as she clung to me in a shower of giggles. 

"We figured Emily might need to brush up on her education, what with her being in captivity so long." Amber explained, elbowing a sleeping Washington in the gut. An ugly snorting sound came from his mouth and he sat up straight, rubbing his eyes. 

"Whaaat? Di'nt get my Z's in last night...Sumthin kept me awake. Think we got raccoons'r somethin', cause all I hear r' thumpin' noises." He muttered.  

My cheeks flushed and turned a pale pink. Yeah, raccoons.

"It's probably nothing."I said with a shrug. "When they find out what this place has to offer, they'll leave. I doubt even raccoons can keep the food here down."  

The room errupted in giggles. I chuckled along, taking a seat and pulling Emily onto my lap. She looked up at me with a serious expression. A knowing expression. 

"Hey Joshy? Where's your master?" Emily asked with an innocent smile, clinging to her teddy bear. I froze. How did she know? Did I look different? I didn't feel any different...Aside from being sore in unmentionable places.  

"My what?" I asked, my face flushing furiously. 

"Your lover...Youu know, the scary one?" 

"Excuse me? What's th' little missy talkin' about?" 

Amber stayed silent, looking at me strangely. Did she figure it out? I doubted it. Unless she was talking with her brother in private... 

"Come on! I'll take you to him!" Emily beamed. 

"N-No, it's okay I--" 

Before I could protest, she was tugging me out the door and down the hall. I swallowed a nervous lump in my throat. If Emily knew... 

Calm down. There was no way she would know where his cell was. But I guess I was wrong. Because there she was, pointing to the familiar dented door and reinforced glass window.

"There! Your lover awaits!"