Chapter Eight A: The Great Escape

"Ah! What the--!" I shouted, trying to sit up. Something heavy was weighing me down. I was strapped...To my own bed. In my underwear. Blood stained the sheets, and as I looked down at my body, it was covered in lacerations. From head to toe, I was covered in knife wounds. I sighed and relaxed my head, letting it roll over to one side and allowing a clear view of the patient.

"Good morning...Although it's not quite morning yet, is it?" He chuckled, his head resting on his hands. "Did you enjoy it? The pain? The pleasure?"

"We didn't..." I whispered, my cheeks turning three shades of red.

"We almost didn't...But your intoxicated self screamed for more..."

"What is wrong with you?" I hissed, glaring intensely.

"Well...I am a patient here...I thought you would get the hint." He countered, smiling weakly. "My lover...Quite tragic, isn't it? We can't tell anyone..." He trailed his finger under my chin, down my neck and branching off at my chest.

"SHUT UP, FILTH!" I snapped, trying to wriggle out of the leather straps, which only worsened the bleeding. The patient plunged a knife into my thigh.

"Tsk tsk...So rebellious." He whispered. I screamed in pain and he yanked it back out of my flesh with a sickening squish. A wave of nausea stopped my squirming.

"...What the hell do you want from me...?" I said in my coldest tone. I had to work soon, but it would take me a while to wrap up the wounds and conceal them. If I made a deal, perhaps I could escape. He thought for a moment, smiling a devious and slightly dangerous smile.

"I want you to help me...Help me escape." He chuckled. Was he insane!? Wait, don't answer that. Then again, I doubt he would let me free if I refused...

"Fine. Anything. Just let me go...I need to work." I said weakly, my vision fading in and out. My words were nothing but a murmur against the blood rushing in my ears.

He laughed then. A twisted, daring laugh that made my skin crawl. With a swift movement far too fast for me to see, he cut the leather using the bloody knife. I got up slowly, tore a strip of my shirt and tightly bound the fresh cut, nearly passing out from the heavy smell of blood and other substances I'd rather not mention. As I dug through my dresser, I found an old dress shirt and a pair of jeans. I shoved them at the patient in disgust. I still couldn't believe we had done...That.

"Clothe yourself. We leave at dawn tomorrow." I mumbled, quickly rummaging further for my uniform. I threw it onto the empty chair sitting against the wall, and growled in frustration as I saw dark stains. I wandered toward the heap of clothes, lifting the shirt. The patient had already slipped the clothes on with ease.

"...Why is there blood on my uniform? I swear I cleaned it about a day ago."

"Well, I had to get out of my cell somehow, right?"

"...You didn't..."

The patient stared dreamilly at the blood on his knife, twirling the handle with the tip of the blade on his fingertip, humming to a song I didn't recognize. I quickly slipped on a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans before dashing in his direction.

"WHO DID YOU KILL!?" I lifted him by the collar. Intense pain shot through my leg yet again and I dropped to my knees, leaving him in a heap in front of me. He just smiled warmly at me and let out a light cough.

"I dont think you can threaten me with that sort of injury, mon amour~" He sang.

"Fuck you." I spat.

"Again? Didn't we just--"

"Shut up."

With that, I walked out and slammed the door.