Chapter 20

Three week later...

Alessia's POV

It's been three weeks and I haven't seen nor heard from Myles. I'm starting to get worried, I'm not that kind of clingy girlfriend but if I don't see my boyfriend in a week or two without being notified I'm gonna figure out what's up.

After School I went to his apartment to see what's up, I heard music blasting from the other side of the door. The door was opened and I walked in hearing the music even louder and the apartment smelling like cigarette.

I followed the smell to Myles room, he was sitting on his bed. Boxes of cigarettes, a lighter, and cocoa on his bed.

My mouth hung open, "Myles?" I said.

"Alessia."

"What the-"

"What are you doing here?" He asked getting up from the bed and sat the non smoked cigarette on the bed, along with the lighter.

"I didn't hear from you in three weeks and I was getting...w-weird." I said my voice getting weak.

"Myles, why would you do this?" I said again.

"I needed to get loose."

"This! This is not getting loose! This is damaging your lungs!"

"Calm down babe, I'm fine." He said holding me and his face being close. I can smell his smoked breath.

"What is wrong with you?' I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just trying to chill a little bit."

I was silent, what happened to Myles. The Myles that was lovable and caring, the Myles that didn't do drugs. Where's that Myles?

"I'm done." I said walking away.

"What? Alessia, you can't be serious." He said stopping me.

"I'm serious Myles, I already lost a special person from smoking, I'm not losing you too!"

"You won't lose me, I'm right here." He said trying to touch me but I moved away from him.

"I don't care, I'm not gonna be with someone who loses their life over cigarettes." I said. I opened the door, looking at Myles, tears start to form in his eyes.

"Goodbye Myles."

Couple weeks later...

It's been weeks since I've seen/talked to Myles. I do hope he's doing okay even if we're not together.

We were having graduation rehearsal since graduation isn't that far away. After graduation practice, I put some books in my locker and closed it seeing a body laying against another locker beside me.

"Hey Alessia." Kalin said.

"Hey."

Kalin is the most popular boy here at the school, he's the jock that plays basketball.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Cut the act Kalin what do you want?"

"What would I want-"

"You used this act on me before to copy my homework, I'm not stupid."

"Okay, um I heard you can sing I was wondering if you could teach me a few things." He said quietly.

"You can sing?" I asked.

"Shhhh, keep it down." He said shhing me.

"Anyways so can you teach me a couple things?" He asked.

"Uh sure, just come over to my house." I said. He nodded and walked away.

3:09 p.m.

School was over and I was walking home when someone yelled my name. I turned around seeing Kalin was running up to me.

"Yeah?"

"You need a ride?" Kalin asked.

"Um sure." I said. We got in his car and drove to my house.

***

"Okay so show me what you got." I said sitting on my bed.

He started singing and he was amazing, I don't understand why he would want my help.

"How'd that sound?" He asked.

"Amazing, but why do you need my help?" I asked.

"Well I've heard you sing before in private so I thought I'd get your help with anything else, and I wanted to know how to be able to build the confidents to sing in public."

"You came to the wrong person to ask for help, I don't sing in public." I said.

"Oh well than how about we sing together." He suggested.

"Okay."

We started sing Say Something by Christina Aguilera.

Myles' POV

It took me everything in my body to stay away from cigarettes but I finally did it. I was walking to Alessia's to get her back. I had a teddy bear in my hand that said "I'm sorry", a special gift for her, and a box of her favorite chocolate.

I got to her house to see a unrecognized car in her drive way. I got to her front door and it was opened, hm. Alessia always keeps her door locked.

I walked in hearing singing, Alessia's and someone elses. I went to her room and saw a tall light skin boy who had facial hair and hazel eyes sitting on Alessia's bed singing.

They were done singing until I saw something I never thought I'd see. The boy leaned in and kiss her, she kissed back. My eyes filled up with tears.

I drop the stuff not caring if they heard and ran out of the house. All I wanted was my baby back.