Chapter 5

We arrived at a log cabin. It was out in the woods, a tree in front of the window, and a big space area in the front. It was so beautiful.

I got out of Myles' car with my book bag. We walked to the cabin, Myles opened the door to enter. There was a big open space. Wooden floors were built in, logs as the walls, the roof was dark brown bricks, a fireplace, and another room.

I walked in and it had a bed. Blue sheets with designs on it, a pillow on the bed, a poster was on the wall and a closet.

"Someone use to live here." Myles said leaning against the door frame.

"I came across it, looked around it was empty, until I found this room and a poster. I thought I stay here when I want to get away." He said.

I sat on the bed, it was springy but actually comfortable.

"Have you stayed the night here before?" I asked.

"Couple of times." He said.

I nodded. "Oh shit!" I yelled out of the blue.

"What?" He asked.

"I have homework to do, I almost forgot about it." I said going to the living room and grabbing my book bag, getting my books out.

Myles started chuckling, "That's what you're worried about? Homework?"

"Yeah, I don't know how your teachers were but my teacher is a pain in the ass so." I said.

"What's the homework?"

"French."

"That seems easy."

"Ha, for you. I have a B- in that class. Percentage eighty-one so close to a C."

"Do you need help?"

"Lots." I said turning my French book to the page we have to do for homework.

"Maybe I can help."

"You know French?"

"Yeah, come on give me a chance, please." He begged.

"Alright."

Myles sat beside me grabbing my book, "ha, how do you get a eighty-one in this class?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at him.

"What do you know so far in French?"

"I know Bonjour mean Hello, comment allez-vous mean how are you, je vous remercie means thank you, and more but not as much."

"Vous êtes un étudiant A B, mais vous ne savez pas fançais, pour la honte."

"What?"

"You're an A B student but you don't know french, for shame."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my book.

7:56 p.m.

"You think you got it now?" He asked.

"Oui. (yes)" I said in French.

"Bien. (Good)" He said back.

"Okay now say the full sentence." He said.

"Je vis sur un nuage. (I'm living on cloud nine)"

"Correct baby girl." He said.

"I think that's enough French for today." Myles said getting up from the floor.

"No I wanna know more!" I begged.

"Calm down babe, you'll learn more next time." He said with a chuckle, "besides, i gotta take you home."

I stood up grabbing my books putting them in my bag. I put my book bag on and walked out the log house. Myles closed the door behind him and went to his car driving away.

8:25 p.m.

The ride home was interesting. We talked about life. Once we got to my house I was about to open the door when Myles opened it for me. I thank him and got out.

He walked me up to my door step, I turned around facing Myles.

"Thank you Myles, I really appreciate you helping me."

"No problem, babe." He said.

He stared into my eyes and I did the same.

"Well I'll see you later." I said.

"Yeah you too."

He walked away to his car getting in. I opened my door, I turned around one last time to wave at him and give him a smile. He did the same and I walked in closing the door behind me locking it.

Myles' POV

"Elle a un beau sourire. (she has a beautiful smile)" I said smiling.

•°•°•°•°•°•

I know short but I hope yall are enjoying the book.

Keep reading, voting, and commenting.

Love you baes

-peace out