「25/31」

25. 'No matter the darkness, I've been searching.'

---

Nakahara Chuuya.

"Chuuya-san is a notorious executive of the Port Mafia. I don't really know much about his ability, but Dazai-san told me that it has something to do with gravity manipulation." Atsushi had told me one day during breakfast, as he peeled oranges for Kyouka.

"If Dazai's ability does not null out Chuuya's ability, it can rage on to no end. Even he himself doesn't have the ability to control it." Kunikida had added, before he had to move Tanizaki and Naomi away from each other.

So this is Nakahara Chuuya, huh
. I recall, and Dazai lowers me to the ground, Naomi coming up to my assistance. Akutagawa appears behind Chuuya, an irked look appearing his face when he sees all of us. He begins to activate Rashomon, until Chuuya raises a hand and asks him to stop.

"Kunikida-kun, call Tanizaki." Dazai says softly, then glances to me. I can only stare back at him, chills running down my spine at how intense his gaze on me was.

What was running in his mind?

He then places a light peck on my forehead before he makes his way towards the two Mafia members. Meanwhile, Chuuya's and Akutagawa's jaws have dropped open, and they are staring at Dazai in what I can only call disgust, or plain shock.

"Hello, my lovely friend, Chuuya." Dazai greets, and the orange-head squints his eyes at the man in front of him. Beside me, Ranpo clutches Akiko's hand with all his might.

"Don't even think of calling me something as disgusting as your friend, Dazai." He replies, initiating a blow straight towards Dazai.

But Dazai... Well, he is Dazai, after all.

Which was why he grabs hold of Chuuya's hand, midair.

"You know, Chuuya, you're under attack by the Guild. What tough luck."

Chuuya glares at Dazai with an irked expression. "What do you want, Dazai?"

"I want all my Agency member's back at the Agency, safe and sound."

"You don't get everything you want in life."

"Which is exactly why," Dazai turns back to look at us, then turns to face the short man in front of him. "We'll compromise."

"We don't need your compromises, Dazai-san." Akutagawa hollers, and once again, he is stopped by Chuuya.

It was only then that I noticed, that Akutagawa always, always refers to Dazai with the '-san' suffix. Even when he is raging, that was something he made sure to use. He probably really respects Dazai.

"I bet you're thinking, 'Crap! If only we kidnapped these Agency idiots later, I can't deal with this lot!.' right now." Dazai imitates Chuuya's voice, making the hat-wearing orange-head scrunch his face in disgust.

Chuuya ignores his last sentence, and goes straight to the point. "What compromise, Dazai?"

"Well, I can give you my promise that we, the members of the Armed Detective Agency, will help you with the Guild raid if you let us go as of now." Dazai states.

If you look closely to Chuuya's expression, you could easily tell that a) he was helpless, b) that every single thing Dazai stated was true, and c) Dazai had won this round.

"Fine."

"Alrighty!" Dazai claps his hands together in success, and motions for Kunikida to come up. The blond 22-year old groans, putting Kenji down and walking up to the three.

"Dr.Yosano, at the moment Tanizaki-kun, Atsushi-kun, and Kyouka-chan will be downstairs with medic. We'll leave Kenji-kun and the others in your care." Dazai says, and Akiko nods. He then gives me a wave before he heads off with the Mafia troop, a wave I was too weak to return.

"Alright, let's get home, you lot." Akiko grins, when she sees Tanizaki and Atsushi run up to us.

---

Atsushi brings me soup when I go to the cafeteria after changing.

"You know, Kira-san, I really look up to you. You're so brave, I probably would freak out if I was stuck at the Port Mafia for that long." He says.

"I freaked out too, Atsushi." I laugh, when Ranpo walks in, getting pushed into the room by the 25-year old woman with a bob-cut.

"I want a cupcake, Yosano!" Ranpo whines, taking the seat beside me.

"Stop making a fuss, Edogawa." Akiko hisses. She says that, but goes to the counter to get him the cupcake he badly wanted. You could not say no to the pair, there was no way.

"By the way, where's Kenji?"

"Here!" A voice sings, wrapping two arms around my neck and giving me a hug from behind.

"Kenji! You're okay!"

"Of course!" The blond says, sitting in front of my seat. "After all, Dazai-san would always save us, no matter what."

I could not agree more to that, and as I look around to the many, many new people I had met just recently, I feel my heart throb.

These are people I could call 'family'. I think to myself, watching the way Atsushi drags Kyouka back to the table away from the fries stand. Meanwhile, Akiko and Ranpo are arguing over the fact that he wouldn't eat the cupcake she brought him because it was the 'wrong flavor'.

"Hey, will Dazai and Kunikida-kun be okay?" I ask Tanizaki, when he approaches us, a clingy Naomi holding his shirt behind him.

"Yeah. I'm sure they'll be okay. They've never been to a mission they've failed before." Tanizaki states.

"And besides, it's Dazai-san, after all." Naomi adds. "You can fully place your 100% trust on him."

I nod at the sibling pair that went off to grab something to eat.

Dazai has so many people who respect him. He's saved so many people, including myself.

My phone buzzes and I see that it is a picture message from the said man.

He had sent me a picture he had taken from the terrace of a ten-story building.

"Look, Kira-chan! What a great way to commit suicide!"
His caption reads.

He's saved so many people, but why would he want to kill himself?

---

a/n: Oya oya oya x3