「20/31」

20. "Then amid the wind, I heard, from somewhere far off..."

---

My hands are trembling as I pour coffee to a mug. In fact, I even spill some on the counter, and burn the tips of three of my fingers. 

Dazai hadn't said a single thing after he came into his room. Instead, he went straight to the washroom.

Oh Lord. What do I say to him? I wonder, mopping up the spill.

I find myself letting out a low squeak when the door to the washroom opens. Dazai walks out, dries off his dark brown hair, and sits beside me.

"Er, your coat..." I say, and begin to take it off. Dazai takes my right hand and shakes his head.

"Don't. It looks good on you." He chuckles a little, noticing how it technically reaches the floor. Dazai is very, very tall in comparison to me.

"Oh. Mm." I sit beside him, and wait for him to finish his coffee.

"You're dying to ask me a whole bunch of questions, aren't you?" He asks with a laugh.

"You got that right."

Even when he stands up from his seat and walks to the bed, I find that I am unable to take my eyes off from him.

Every single move of his... It keeps me on tenterhooks.

"Well. We'll each ask one question at a time, then." He calls, patting beside him. Taking this as a motion for me to come sit by him, I sit on the bed, and he crosses his legs.

"I'll ask first, though." He says, and I give him a nod.

"Okay, so..." He clenches his fists, and looks up to me. "Kira-chan, is it okay if I kiss you?"

I can feel my ears burning up.

"T-That's not a proper question!"

Dazai raises a finger and shakes his head.

"You either say yes, or no."

"B-But-"

"Yes, or No."

Once again, I find myself tongue-tied. This man, I will never, ever be able to understand this man. But he's got me cornered well, and I could tell that he knew it was his score, because he had on his face a big grin.

An evil grin, I must add.

"Yes."

Dazai claps his hands together in victory. "Close your eyes." He urges, placing a thumb on my lower lip. He slightly pulls down, and when my lips part a bit, he plants a kiss there.

This time, his lips slightly taste like a combination of cinnamon and peppermint. His lips are still warm from the coffee he had consumed earlier, and I internally gasp at the way everything inside of my body felt like it was being pulled towards my heart.

When his tongue travels on my lips, there was only one thing I could think of.

More.

"Nng."

Dazai breaks contact and places both his hands on my shoulders. His eyes are wide, and I flush crimson red.

Did I just... moan?

"Wait no I didn't really do that-" I begin to protest. Dazai blinks continuously, and a smirk spreads on his face.