「22/31」

22. "My name- A gift that allowed me to remain who I am."

---

"Oh that? We're going to the Port Mafia." Kenji replies. I freeze in my steps, and glance at the paper with widened eyes.

"What? Are you... serious?"

"I'm never not serious, Kira-chan." The boy says with an innocent smile.

"Don't we need to ask Dazai or Kunikida-kun for help or something? I mean, the last time with Atsushi and Kyouka..."

"Oh, this time, you're an official member. And Kunikida-kun fully trusts you now."

"Hehh?" I debate whether I am ready for this responsibility. Kenji and I walk for around half an hour, him occasionally greeting shop owners on the way. When we reach a subway, Kenji motions for me to not talk, and we slip in through a door on one end of the wall.

"Okay, so what happened is that... There was a girl named Aoi Kirishima, and she was recently hired as a lawyer. She was against the Mafia, and two days ago, she was found in her room, shot three times into the chest." Kenji whispers as we walk along the dark hallways of the underground.

"The Mafia is really strict about the way they kill, and there isn't any doubt that it was them that did it. Aoi-chan's father demands that her killer gets the punishment he deserves, and he wants to meet whoever it is. That's our task, we're going to find out who did it."

Goddamit, why is every single job of the Agency so hardcore? Why can't we do something normal, like deliver chocolates to people?

"If I have the proper instructions from Dazai-san," Kenji takes the paper in my hand and glances at it. "It should be this room."

I look over to where he is pointing and find a door painted black. On the door is a white rectangular block that reads 'Data Room' in cursive.

"Data Room?"

"Yes. Follow me, Kira-chan."

What kind of a member am I, this 14 year-old boy is the one who is guiding me, even though I am a correct 5 years older than him.

"Dazai asked you to come here?" I ask. How he'd know the path around the Mafia, isn't that something he questioned?

"Yeah.... Woahhh!" The boy lets out an excited gasp and I find that he's looking at the large number of computer screens in the room.

"Our mission is to find the computer which has the killing of Aoi-chan in it. Which, for the looks, seems like a big task." He points to the millions of screens that were lighten up.

"Let's split up, then?" I suggest, and Kenji nods before we walk to the opposite sides of the room.

We are unsuccessful in finding any information, and an hour passes by in a flash.

"I'm beat! Kira-chan, any luck?" Kenji asks, stretching his arms and walking up to me. I shake my head and walk to the next computer screen.

On this screen is a single folder in the middle, which reads 'Aoi Kirishima'.

Bingo!

Kenji and I exchange fistbumps and I click the folder. There are multiple documents, and I am able to read two words before the door to the room bursts open.

'Nakahara Chuuya.'

Kenji and I take a step back, and we see a man around the same height as me, wearing a black hat over his head.

Oh crap, we're dead.

This guy is attractive as hell too.

Why am I finding only attractive people, I need a break.

More importantly...

"Oh no." Kenji whispers to me.

Looks like Kenji acknowledges this guy. Are we screwed for sure?

"Well well well, just as I had expected. Dazai really does leave holes in his missions sometimes." The man speaks, and slowly makes his way up to us. I see that he has orange-brown hair with a section longer than the rest, falling on his shoulder. He wears a black vest over a white shirt, and his trench coat is worn like a cape.

Who is this man?

"You must be Kira, the little girl that gave my subordinate a really tough time." He leans close to me and eyes me with a grin.

How does he know my name?
I wonder, gulping at the intense look I am receiving from the unfamiliar pair of blue eyes.

"Nakahara-san, you haven't grown any taller since we last met, have you?" Kenji asks.

Nakahara-san? So this is the man in the file, Nakahara Chuuya?

"Shut up you little brat." Chuuya furrows his eyebrows and raises a hand.

"Yogorecchimatta Kanashimi ni."

Two seconds later, Kenji goes flying, and crashes to one of the computer screens.

I watch in horror as blood spills around him, and the man lets out a loud laugh.

"Surprised? Well, my ability is far more superior than most of the others. Dazai's power is just a nuisance." I hear him say, when I run up to Kenji. He looks like he is unconscious, and there are bits of glasses on his body.

This innocent boy. Why would he do that?!

I begin to take the bits of glasses off from him, until I feel something sharp clutching my waist.

"Don't kill her, Akutagawa. Now come. We have the perfect place for you!" Chuuya announces, and I see that Akutagawa's Rashomon is carrying me away from Kenji. Akutagawa has a bandage wrapped over his head, and a couple bruises on his face. But other than that, he looks pretty unharmed.

"Ah, my name is Nakahara Chuuya, if you haven't heard already. It's nice to meet you, Kira."

"Let me go! I have to save him!"

"Your weak ability can't save him." Akutagawa says, following Chuuya outside the Data Room.

Kenji. Oh God. That poor boy. I can't let him stay there alone. This is the Port Mafia, they might do anything to that innocent little precious boy.

I try to wiggle free, but I am unable to move my arms one bit. In addition, when Akutagawa notices what I am doing, Rashomon's grasp on me gets tighter. I wail at the way it pierces my skin, and Chuuya glances back at me.

"Akutagawa, don't hurt her, okay? She'll be pretty useful to us."

Why are the most attractive people always so bad, dammit?

"Nakahara-san, please don't... Please don't do anything else to Kenji. Please." I beg.

Chuuya stops walking and glances back at me again. His gaze is intense, and I can feel chills down my spine. He then points to the cell he was standing in front of, and Akutagawa tosses me inside the cell. I land with a loud thud, face first, and Akutagawa closes the bars and locks me inside. Chuuya then waves at me from the outside.

"Don't worry, it's you we need, not the brat. I'll see you later, Kira."

I wipe the blood dripping from my nose and watch as he walks off, Akutagawa trailing behind.

And before he disappears through the narrow hallways, he turns to face me once more. He gives a big smile and cups his hands around his mouth.

"Oh, by the way, Kira? Call me Chuuya."

---

A/N: YES, THIS IS JUST A DAZAI BIRTHDAY BONUS CHAPTER. ♥ SO A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR IDIOT SUICIDE MANIAC. ♥♥ :3
Important note: Some of you might have noticed that I have named all the chapters of this fanfic so far with lyrics from the bsd ending song, 'Namae wo yobu yo'. And by this chapter, I have used up all the lyrics, and I'll need a new song for the next chap onwards! ;-; So, if you know a nice song with lyrics this might match this book, please let me know! :D