「04/31」

4. "I feel like I can become a new me, able to make my way through."

---

"So for tonight, will you be alright with joining me to sleep?"

"Huuuh?!"

"Ah, don't worry, of course you'd be sleeping on the bed and I'll take the futon."

"Er, that's not what I mean..."

"Then what do you mean?" He puts both his hands on the futon and leans closer.

"I mean like... You don't have a problem with letting me sleep here?"

"Oh, if you don't have a problem with sleeping here, why would I have any problems?" He asks, tilting his head. He looks adorable, and I find myself blinking at him.

"Kira-chan?"

"Okay, take care of me, Dazai!" I sit down in front of him, and his face brightens up.

"Kira-chan, can you make coffee?" He wants to know, moving away. I wonder if I got too close, and I lean away a bit.

"Uh. Yes, why?"

Dazai grabs a wallet on his desk, and points to the door.

"Would you make some coffee for us? I'll be back in five minutes."

"Sure."

"Be right back!" He says, and walks out.

Alrighty, time for coffee!

I walk over to the kitchen counter and pick up a small pot. Pouring some milk I found in the fridge, I heat it and search from coffee ground. I have to search everywhere before I see the small can lying on the floor. His book called "The Best Ways To Commit Suicide" was lying beside it, and I pick it up as well. I pour some coffee ground into the pot and wait for it to boil. Before I could open the book, I hear footsteps. I rush to put the book in the shelf and come back to the pot right when Dazai entered the room.

"Back!" He calls, closing the door.

"Welcome back!" I say, and he puts two bags he's holding on the floor.

"Wah, that smells amazing!"

"Dazai, do you have some cinnamon?"

"Mmm, I think I had some in the bottom left shelf." He says, picking one of the bags and walking up to the counter.

I find the cinnamon shaker and put a pinch in the pot, before I switch off the stove.

Dazai kept watching as I poured coffee into two glass mugs and place them on the counter. I sit behind the counter, and he takes a whiff of the coffee.

"Wah, this is the best thing ever!" He says after a sip.

"You exaggerate everything." I laugh, and he hands the bag he had on his lap.

"Reward."

"This is?"

I look inside the bag and pull out a blue tank top and black leggings.

"I figured it would be hard to sleep in that." He says, pointing to my skirt.

But...

"Why are you doing this, Dazai?"

"Doing what?" He asks, looking genuinely confused.

"I told you I'm not going to join the Agency, but you're still nice to me and you're helping me even though what I want to do most right now is kill myself."