「05/31」

5. "So that each of us, walking our individual moments, can keep on smiling..."

---

"Kira-chan, it looks like it'll be a while before you get your own room. I talked to Kunikida-kun, and the place needs some management beforehand. Will you be alright to spending a couple more nights with me?" Dazai whispers.

"Sure." I say, as casually as possible. I wondered how my room would look like, but I had a good time with Dazai and I definitely wanted seconds of that.

It was odd, how comfortable he made me feel.

And here I was, trying to kill myself just yesterday.

Seriously, I have management issues.

Well, let's see how well this goes. I can still do the suicide later if things don't work out here...

"Ah the coffee was good, but I still have room for one of your coffees!" Dazai says, as Atsushi and I follow him out of the dining room.

"Uh, Kira-chan's coffee? What do you mean?" Atsushi wants to know, and Dazai widens his eyes.

"It's our little secret!" He whispers to Atsushi, and begins to walk away.

Atsushi glances at me with a suspicious look, and I shrug in reply. Understanding Dazai is something neither of us would be able to do, and it felt like Atsushi has already given up on it.

"Ah, speaking of secrets, Kira-chan, Atsushi-kun, you both have a task today. You're both assigned for a spy work with Kyouka-chan."

"Kyouka-chan?"

"She's a member of the agency too. She's comparatively younger than us, 14 years old. Her ability lets her materialize a sword-like object and it's really powerful during combat. It only works when she receives instructions from her cellphone, though." Atsushi lets me know, brightening up.

"Why do you have a grin on your face?" I ask, and he blushes furiously.

"I-I don't! Let's go!" Atsushi says and walks ahead and catches up to Dazai.

He's so obvious! Such a cutie!

Also, first task, and it's about spying? Damn, this Agency is cool as heck.

We walk upstairs to the agency room and see a young girl with long luscious black hair, sitting closest to the door. She is wearing a red kimono tied with a brown band, and two blue flower hair clips separated her hair in twin tails. Her long eyelashes batted as she glanced at the sound of the door opening.

How on earth is a 14 year old so pretty?!

She stands up as soon as she sees Atsushi, and walks up to us, careful not to trip over in her white socks and black slippers.

"Kyouka-chan, have you been well?" Dazai asks.

She gives a simple nod, and I see Atsushi give her a smile. She brightens up and returns a small smile, and Dazai asks me to follow him.

"For today, I need you three to head down to the spot I've marked in this map here. I think Akutagawa is planning on doing a mass murder there."

"M-Mass murder?" Atsushi overhears this and stutters.

"Yeah. We have some devices there and from what we heard, that's what I think is going to happen." Dazai goes on. "Kunikida-kun and I have some things to take care of here, but call for help, we'll be there as soon as we can."

"That's..."

"Kira-chan, here." The brown-head hands me a small object. When I look at it, confused, he gives me a grin.

"Call out my name if you need my help. When I hear my name being called out, that's when I'll come." Dazai instructs us, pointing to the earpiece he had on his left ear.

"Okay, but Dazai-san, why do all three of us need to go?"

"Good question, Atsushi-kun! Kira-chan's ability can come in handy when we need to distract Akutagawa. But of course, he wants to kidnap her, and that's where Atsushi-kun and Kyouka-chan will take action, if Akutagawa plans to do any harm to Kira-chan."

"Ah..."

"So the two of us should make sure Kira-chan doesn't get hurt and taken away, right?" Kyouka asks, and everyone looks at her in surprise. It felt like she wasn't the type to talk a lot.

"That's right, Kyouka-chan, and if you the job well, Atsushi-kun will take you on another date and get you more of those yummy crepes!"

"D-Dazai-san!" Atsushi flushes red, and Dazai gives me a sly grin.

I find myself smiling. The two did make a cute couple, but Kyouka seemed like the oblivious type. Atsushi needs to hang in there for a bit.

"I'll do my best!" Kyouka says, and faces me.

"My name is Izumi Kyouka, let's work our best together!"

"Kira Chiyo, and yes, lets!"

Kyouka's eyes glittered, and she grabs Atsushi's hand and drags him outside.

"Are they..?"

"No, I don't think so. But they would be nice together. You know how some people just complete each other? Atsushi-kun and Kyouka-chan are just that. Bonus, they live together because Fukuzawa-kun said she was Atsushi's responsibility. Well it's a long story." Dazai says, laughing. He takes a marker and draws something on the map he had shown earlier.

"Take care of them. Kyouka means a lot to Atsushi, and Atsushi means a lot to me." Dazai says to me, handing me the map. "So if anything happens to them, I'd be very, very disappointed."

Was that a... threat?

Crap, that's a lot of pressure!

"Are you sure I'm cut out for a job like this, Dazai?" I ask, and he sits behind a laptop. "I mean, I think I'll suck when it comes to defense so..."

"Yes, you have the quick reflexes. I don't know how well you'd do when it comes to combat, but I think you can figure it out. Besides, it's part of your rookie training."

"I'll do my best." I say, and make my way out.

I almost reach the door when Dazai calls me.

"Kira-chan?"

I turn around to face him. He closes the laptop lid and rests his face on one hand.

"Don't die there, okay? If you wanted to die, make sure I'm there to die with you."

I blush a little at what he said. What is that supposed to mean?

Instead of replying, I turn around to hide my face.

"See you later, Dazai." I say, and walk outside.

---

a/n: I hardcore ship Atsushi and Kyouka so I decided... why not? :3